STREAM 'EARN IT'
Rise from the ashes: live at the shrine, official merch, upcoming shows.
John Youngman Fly South Music Group [email protected]
Booking (North & South America)
Nick Storch AGI [email protected]
Tobbe Lorentz United Talent Agency [email protected]
The Ghost Inside
- JUL 10, 2023
- Earn It - Single
- Get What You Give · 2012
- The Ghost Inside · 2020
- Pressure Point
- Between the Lines
- Returners · 2010
- White Light
- Safe and Sound
- Safe and Sound - Single · 2023
- Still Alive
- The Outcast
Resilient metalcore that resists pigeonholing.
Singles & EPs
Live albums, about the ghost inside.
The Ghost Inside’s brand of metalcore balances epic melodies with pulverizing breakdowns. Formed in 2004, the Los Angeles band dropped a pair of albums before inking a record deal with the iconic punk label Epitaph in 2012.
Stick to your guns, for the fallen dreams, parkway drive, august burns red, texas in july, fit for a king, select a country or region, africa, middle east, and india.
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The
- Niger (English)
- Congo, Republic of
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- Tanzania, United Republic Of
- United Arab Emirates
- Indonesia (English)
- Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Malaysia (English)
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- France (Français)
- Luxembourg (English)
- Moldova, Republic Of
- North Macedonia
- Portugal (Português)
- United Kingdom
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Argentina (Español)
- Bolivia (Español)
- Virgin Islands, British
- Cayman Islands
- Chile (Español)
- Colombia (Español)
- Costa Rica (Español)
- República Dominicana
- Ecuador (Español)
- El Salvador (Español)
- Guatemala (Español)
- Honduras (Español)
- Nicaragua (Español)
- Paraguay (Español)
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- St. Vincent and The Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos
- Uruguay (English)
- Venezuela (Español)
The United States and Canada
- Canada (English)
- Canada (Français)
- United States
- Estados Unidos (Español México)
- الولايات المتحدة
- États-Unis (Français France)
- Estados Unidos (Português Brasil)
- 美國 (繁體中文台灣)
- A Day To Remember
- Alkaline Trio
- Bad Religion
- Bring Me The Horizon
- Chad Tepper
- Dan Andriano & The Bygones
- Dolo Tonight
- DOOM REGULATOR
- Dropkick Murphys
- Every Time I Die
- Falling In Reverse
- Frank Turner
- Gregor Barnett
- Hot Water Music
- Jakobs Castle
- Jim Lindberg
- John K. Samson
- Joshua Roberts
- Joyce Manor
- Justin Courtney Pierre
- Magnolia Park
- Mannequin Pussy
- Motion City Soundtrack
- Nascar Aloe
- Off With Their Heads
- Parkway Drive
- Pianos Become The Teeth
- Raised Fist
- Rosie Tucker
- Sleep Theory
- Social Distortion
- sophie meiers
- Teenage Wrist
- The Blood Brothers
The Ghost Inside
- The Interrupters
- The Lawrence Arms
- The Linda Lindas
- The Menzingers
- The Mighty Mighty BossToneS
- The Muslims
- The Offspring
- The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die
- This Wild Life
- Too Close To Touch
- Touché Amoré
- The Weakerthans
- We Are Radio Noi$e
- See All Artists
U.S. Release Date: June 5, 2020
E.U. Release Date: June 5, 2020
Recording Year: 2019
UPC/EAN Code: 45778746361
About The Ghost Inside by The Ghost Inside
Metalcore band The Ghost Inside's fifth studio album is out now via Epitaph Records. The self-titled album arrives as the follow-up to the band’s 2014 release Dear Youth , which debuted #63 on the Billboard 200, and will be the first release since their tragic bus accident in 2015. The road to recovery has been extensive both mentally and physically but all things considered, they’ve shown a positive and inspiring attitude through the entire process of recovery. They will not stop fighting to do what they love and are excited to return.
Created with producer Will Putney (Every Time I Die, The Amity Affliction, Knocked Loose) and longtime friend/collaborator Jeremy McKinnon of A Day To Remember, The Ghost Inside is 11 songs of determination, deep resolve, reflection, and newfound hope.
The band had worked on material for their fifth album prior to the accident that claimed the lives of their driver, the lives of everyone in the other vehicle, and resulted in multiple injuries for all of the band members. Jonathan Vigil (vocals) suffered from a fractured back, ligament damage, and two broken ankles. Zach Johnson (guitar) has since had 13 surgeries for a femur injury. Andrew Tkaczyk (drums) ultimately lost his leg. The band collectively came to see the ordeal as a moment to put their inspirational lyrics to the test. Songs that were once more philosophical in origin had become autobiographical.
The accident will always be a defining moment for The Ghost Inside, but never what defines them. The album taps into the raw emotional things they’ve been through, but the songs are not about reliving the worst day of their lives. “This isn’t about what happened to us,” Riley insists. “We won’t get lost in that one day. This is about our journey, our growth, and who we are.”
The ultimate victory for The Ghost Inside is their triumphant new self-titled album.
Rise From The Ashes: Live At The Shrine
Get What You Give
Rise From The Ashes: Live At The Shrine 2xLP
The ghost inside announce 'rise from the ashes: live at the shrine'.
The fourth and final part of the 1,333 Days series with @PeterMcCormack and @DefianceCast is out now.
Listen to Pa… https://t.co/BStBja5qCc
The Recovery. Part 3 of the 1,333 Days series we did with @PeterMcCormack and @DefianceCast
Listen at… https://t.co/DiHfAlcSg3
The Ghost Inside Announce Rise From The Ashes: Live At The Shrine Out Digitally July 30 & Vinyl Ships January
Added some new merch to our webstore. For each face mask sold, we'll be donating one to @navajodephealth
Check out… https://t.co/2LDRovYfSy
Update: New lyric video for 'Make Or Break' from our album The Ghost Inside is out now. Watch the video and stream… https://t.co/imZfeCXufU
The Ghost Inside - "Earn It"
The Ghost Inside - "One Choice"
The Ghost Inside make music for the outcasts. They’ve inspired audiences around the world to overcome obstacles, persevere, and find the strength to keep going …
Www.theghostinside.com, @theghostinside, jasmine muldrow, hector martinez, us booking agent, dave shapiro the agency group, eu booking agent, tobbe lorentz the agency group, eu label contact, australia label contact, dave jiannis, canada label contact, tonni maruyama.
Update: Excited to have @DraggedUnderWA and @OHOHofficialuk joining us at our London show on July 3rd next year! https://t.co/cUH7vLa8cC
Added a new tee to our webstore to go with the new lyric video for 'The Outcast'! There's also a new reversible fac… https://t.co/EKfwnu4afa
New lyric video for 'The Outcast' is out now. Watch it at https://t.co/QS2lSy61n8 https://t.co/xTyLi29Ueu
The new @DefianceCast episode with @PeterMcCormack following up on 1,333 Days is available now at… https://t.co/yBPdMNFZs7
.@PeterMcCormack from @DefianceCast got together with Vigil, Zach, Andrew, Chris, & Jim to follow up on 1,333 Days.… https://t.co/roPIA5vfCZ
Part 2 of “1,333 Days”, a four part series we did with @PeterMcCormack and @DefianceCast , is out now. Listen to Par… https://t.co/HvDinMruiJ
Update: 1,333 Days. A four part series we did with @PeterMcCormack and @DefianceCast about The Ghost Inside's story… https://t.co/i5hfqInsjX
- Demo Submission
- Cookie Preferences
All Content ©Epitaph Records 2023. All Rights Reserved.
- Official website missing URL
- 2004 establishments in California
- American metalcore musical groups
- Epitaph Records artists
- Hardcore punk groups from California
- Heavy metal musical groups from California
- Melodic hardcore groups
- Musical groups established in 2004
- Musical groups from Los Angeles, California
- Musical quartets
- Musical quintets
- CS1 errors: markup
- CS1 errors: missing title
- CS1 errors: bare URL
- CS1 errors: URL
- CS1 German-language sources (de)
The Ghost Inside (band)
- View history
The Ghost Inside , formerly known as A Dying Dream , is an American metalcore band from Los Angeles , California , formed in 2004. The band currently consists of vocalist Jonathan Vigil, guitarists Zach Johnson and Chris Davis, bassist Jim Riley and drummer Andrew Tkaczyk. They have released one EP and four studio albums, with their latest, Dear Youth , released in November 2014 though Epitaph Records and peaking at number 63 on the American Billboard 200 chart.
- 2 Musical style, influences and songwriting
- 3.1 Timeline
- 4 Discography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
History [ ]
As A Dying Dream, they released an EP, Now or Never on Frontline Records . A year later, they signed to Mediaskare Records , where they re-recorded and re-released the EP with an additional track and bonus live footage. Not long after, they changed their name to The Ghost Inside, and released a full length studio album entitled Fury and the Fallen Ones .
Their second album, titled Returners , was released on June 8, 2010 via Mediaskare Records.
On February 24, 2011, it was announced that KC Stockbridge and The Ghost Inside mutually parted ways and that Andrew Tkaczyk had been filling in on drums. Andrew was formerly the drummer and main songwriter in the band For the Fallen Dreams .  As of January 10, 2012, the band has been signed to Epitaph Records . 
In 2012, the band headlined the Alternative Press Tour along with Miss May I .
Their first release for Epitaph Records Get What You Give was produced by A Day to Remember 's vocalist Jeremy McKinnon  and debuted at No. 88 on the Billboard Top 200. 
In 2013, the band toured the world with their breakthrough album, Get What You Give .
On September 8, 2014 the band released a new song - "Avalanche".  And on September 16, 2014 Spotify leaked details of their new album Dear Youth .
On November 17, 2014, their second release for Epitaph Records, Dear Youth , was released and debuted at No 63. on the Billboard Top 200.
On January 9, 2015, The Ghost Inside posted on their Facebook page that they are parting ways with founding member and lead guitarist Aaron Brooks, leaving Jonathan Vigil as the last original member in the current lineup.
On the morning of November 19, 2015, the band's tour bus collided head on with a tractor trailer while headed west to Mesa, Arizona on U.S. Highway 180, eight miles east of the border patrol checkpoint outside of El Paso, Texas .  The drivers of both vehicles died, while the remaining ten people on the bus survived. Jonathan Vigil, Zach Johnson, Andrew Tkaczyk and two others were hospitalized in critical condition.  On January 13, 2016, vocalist Jonathan Vigil posted his first update since the accident: on Instagram, he stated his injuries and his gratefulness "to be alive".  The next day, drummer Andrew Tkaczyk confirmed via his Instagram account that the accident had resulted in him losing one of his legs following an initial ten-day coma. 
On March 22, 2016, during the livestream of the Warped Tour band announcement of that year, it was announced that The Ghost Inside would play Warped 2017. An announcement that far in advance was unprecedented. They were the first band announced for the tour in 2017.  On March 23, 2016, Chris Davis, formally of Texas in July , was announced as official member after touring during 2015. 
Musical style, influences and songwriting [ ]
The Ghost Inside's music is usually classified as metalcore  or melodic hardcore .  They have self-identified as melodic hardcore, for example on their Facebook page. However, bassist and backing vocalist Jim Riley stated in a 2013 interview that "to [him] the band is a metalcore band" and that they're "similar to Unearth or As I Lay Dying or something like that, with a little bit less guitar solos and a little bit less singing".  He said that they are influenced by "an older generation of bands" such as Throwdown , Bury Your Dead (especially Beauty and the Breakdown ), Misery Signals , Killswitch Engage , Unearth (especially The Oncoming Storm ) and Bleeding Through , some of which he considers "seminal to what metalcore is", as well as modern music that isn't necessarily heavy (such as pop punk ), and that he himself listens "to a lot of emo ".  In a 2009 interview, vocalist Jonathan Vigil stated that he grew up listening to punk rock bands such as NOFX and Less Than Jake before getting into heavier bands such as Hatebreed and Slipknot , while guitarist Aaron Brooks said that he listened to bands like Bad Religion before getting into Poison the Well , that one of his favourite bands currently are Comeback Kid and that he also appreciates Hatebreed. 
Riley stated that when writing a song, the band usually puts the instrumentation together first, before vocalist Jonathan Vigil and guitarist Aaron Brooks write lyrics for it. He also noted that the decision to use clean vocals in some songs of Get What You Give , such as "Engine 45", came from the band and wasn't forced by producer Jeremy McKinnon . 
Members [ ]
Timeline [ ].
Discography [ ]
- "Faith or Forgiveness" (2008)
- "Unspoken" (2010)
- "Chrono" (2010)
- "Engine 45" (2012)
- "The Great Unknown" (2013)
- "Dear Youth (Day 52)" (2014)
- "Out of Control" (2015)
- "Move Me" (2015)
References [ ]
External links [ ]
- Official website
- ↑ "The Ghost Inside and drummer part ways" . Lambgoat.com. February 24, 2011 . Retrieved May 20, 2013 . Italic or bold markup not allowed in: |publisher= ( help )
- ↑ "The Ghost Inside signs to Epitaph Records & Announces U.S Tour" . metalriot.com. January 10, 2012 . Retrieved May 20, 2013 . Italic or bold markup not allowed in: |publisher= ( help )
- ↑ "Epitaph Records: The Ghost Inside - Get What You Give" . Epitaph.com . Retrieved May 20, 2013 . Italic or bold markup not allowed in: |publisher= ( help )
- ↑ "The Ghost Inside "Get What You Give" Billboard Debut" . FlySouthMusic.com. June 30, 2012 . Retrieved May 20, 2013 . Italic or bold markup not allowed in: |publisher= ( help )
- ↑ "The Ghost Inside - "Avalanche " " . YouTube. September 8, 2014 . Retrieved November 12, 2014 . Italic or bold markup not allowed in: |publisher= ( help )
- ↑ "The Ghost Inside involved in serious bus accident - UPDATED - News - Alternative Press" . Alternative Press . Retrieved 2016-01-15 .
- ↑ "The Ghost Inside: three members in critical condition" . Lambogat . November 20, 2015 . Retrieved November 20, 2015 .
- ↑ "The Ghost Inside's Jonathan Vigil: "I'm Here World" - News - Rock Sound Magazine" . Rock Sound Magazine . Retrieved 2016-01-15 .
- ↑ "NEWS: Andrew Tkaczyk (The Ghost Inside) loses leg following tragic bus accident" . DEAD PRESS! . January 14, 2016 . Retrieved January 14, 2016 .
- ↑ "The Ghost Inside will play Vans Warped Tour 2017 - News - Alternative Press" . Alternative Press . Retrieved 2016-03-23 .
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BDTj_9XpVNg/?taken-by=daghostinside . Retrieved 23 March 2016 . Missing or empty |title= ( help )
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 "The Ghost Inside: Getting and Giving" . Loudmag.com. May 20, 2013 . Retrieved September 8, 2014 . Italic or bold markup not allowed in: |publisher= ( help )
- ↑ Kraus, Brian (June 22, 2014). "16 Modern Precursors Of Melodic Hardcore" . Alternative Press . Retrieved April 27, 2015 . Before the likes of Defeater , Touché Amoré , the Ghost Inside, Counterparts , Being As An Ocean and many more became the new faces of melodic, emotional hardcore, there were upperclassmen who were setting the stage.
- ↑ "The Ghost Inside: Hardcore-metal fury" . Live Metal. July 15, 2009 . Retrieved November 21, 2015 .
- ↑ [[[:Template:BillboardURLbyName]] "The Ghost Inside – Chart History: Billboard 200"] Check |url= value ( help ) . Billboard . Prometheus Global Media . Retrieved February 4, 2015 .
- ↑ [[[:Template:BillboardURLbyName]] "The Ghost Inside – Chart History: Independent Albums"] Check |url= value ( help ) . Billboard . Prometheus Global Media . Retrieved February 4, 2015 .
- ↑ "Discography The Ghost Inside" . australian-charts.com . Hung Medien . Retrieved February 4, 2015 . Italic or bold markup not allowed in: |work= ( help )
- ↑ "Discographie The Ghost Inside" . austriancharts.at . Hung Medien . Retrieved February 4, 2015 . Italic or bold markup not allowed in: |work= ( help )
- ↑ "Discografie The Ghost Inside" . ultratop.be . Hung Medien . Retrieved February 4, 2015 . Italic or bold markup not allowed in: |work= ( help )
- ↑ "Discographie - The Ghost Inside" . officialcharts.de (in German). GfK Entertainment . Retrieved February 4, 2015 . Italic or bold markup not allowed in: |work= ( help )
- ↑ "Discographie The Ghost Inside" . hitparade.ch . Hung Medien . Retrieved February 4, 2015 . Italic or bold markup not allowed in: |work= ( help )
- 1 Angry Birds X: The Fine-Feathered Movie