- Forums New posts Trending Search forums
- What's new New posts New profile posts Latest activity
- Members Current visitors New profile posts Search profile posts Billboard Trophies
- AMD Announces Threadripper HEDT and Pro 7000-Series CPUs: 96 cores and 192 threads for Desktops and Workstations
Call of Duty Ghosts hangs on black startup screen
- Thread starter AndreusOfficial
- Start date Mar 23, 2017
- Mar 23, 2017
I just installed Call of Duty Ghosts on my laptop and when I go to run the game, it loads into fullscren, but hangs with a loading mouse and a black screen. I have tried everything I can find ranging from modifying the config.cfg and config_mp.cfg files (actually they were not there originally, I had to make them) to running it in windowed borderless mode. In Event Veiwer it simply says that the program stopped interacting with Windows but nothing more. I have read all the error logs and stuff and come up with nothing. Any suggestions? My system: Lenovo y50 120GB SSD 1920x1080 @ 60Ghz GeForce GTX 860M (4GB) Intel i7-4710HQ 16GB of RAM Windows 8 (not 8.1)
- Mar 24, 2017
Just an opinion of mine, I wouldn't recommend playing CoD Ghost as it's very buggy and is the worst CoD out there. How did you acquire the game? If it's Steam, try verifying it.
- Mar 25, 2017
[quotemsg=19470624,0,2399264]Just an opinion of mine, I wouldn't recommend playing CoD Ghost as it's very buggy and is the worst CoD out there. How did you acquire the game? If it's Steam, try verifying it.[/quotemsg] I bought the disk for the game, which gave me access to it on Steam (it's 100% legit, don't worry) and I have tried verifying the files multiple times. Nothing works. I found if I disable my GTX 860m and use just the integrated graphics card, the game will open to the menu, but will be very laggy as the integrated card pretty lame, and it will crash after the intro to the first level has finished loading. If this only happened on CoD Ghosts I would give it up, but this happens on all my games from basically 2012 on (including Overwatch which I fixed my turning fullscreen windowed mode in in the settings file, but now it stopped working again).
- Mar 27, 2017
Have you checked if you're able to run those game? www.systemrequirementslab.com/ Have you tried reinstalling those games? Your GPU seems old so you might need an upgrade. What's your ram?
Oh, I meant like the type/brand of ram you're using. That's great and no problem! I'll be here to help if you still got any problems or questions.
I don't know the brand, they are 2 sticks of DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz in SODIMM configuration. I'm gonna take my laptop apart later today, so I'll get back to you on the manufacturer.
[quotemsg=19481712,0,2442554]I don't know the brand, they are 2 sticks of DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz in SODIMM configuration. I'm gonna take my laptop apart later today, so I'll get back to you on the manufacturer.[/quotemsg] Oh. I just forgot that you were using a laptop. Your ram shouldn't be the problem as you have more than 8.
- Apr 9, 2017
So I got it working! I had to reinstall Windows and it works great now. I saw this solution in another forum (just reinstall windows) and it worked great! [quotemsg=19481756,0,2399264][quotemsg=19481712,0,2442554]I don't know the brand, they are 2 sticks of DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz in SODIMM configuration. I'm gonna take my laptop apart later today, so I'll get back to you on the manufacturer.[/quotemsg] Oh. I just forgot that you were using a laptop. Your ram shouldn't be the problem as you have more than 8. [/quotemsg]
- Apr 10, 2017
- Aug 9, 2022
- joseph glowseph
- May 23, 2023
- Sep 24, 2020
- Aug 18, 2022
- Laptop Tech Support
- Dec 15, 2021
- Started by Admin
- Tuesday at 9:01 AM
- Replies: 184
- Started by Dr_Witty
- Yesterday at 6:20 PM
- Replies: 26
- Started by tecmo34
- Apr 30, 2011
- Replies: 5K
- Started by Mattimanden
- Yesterday at 2:43 PM
- Replies: 27
- Thursday at 11:16 AM
- Replies: 51
- Started by Darkbreeze
- Jan 8, 2018
- Replies: 2K
- Started by Billie Sarah Jane
- Yesterday at 4:00 PM
- Latest: Astrix008
- 4 minutes ago
- Latest: CountMike
- 6 minutes ago
- Latest: Aeacus
- 7 minutes ago
- Latest: baldyistaken
- 11 minutes ago
- 18 minutes ago
- 34 minutes ago
- 44 minutes ago
Share this page
- Cookies Policies
- Term & Conditions
Sign in to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as ignored
Sign in to see reasons why you may or may not like this based on your games, friends, and curators you follow.
About This Game
- Ten years after a devastating mass event, America’s borders and the balance of global power have changed forever. As what's left of the nation's Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as "Ghosts" leads the fight back against a newly emerged, technologically-superior global power.
- A New Call of Duty Universe: For the first time in franchise history, players will take on the underdog role with Call of Duty: Ghosts; outnumbered and outgunned, players must fight to reclaim a fallen nation in an intensely personal narrative. Gamers will get to know an entirely new cast of characters and visit locales in a changed world unlike anything seen in Call of Duty® before.
- In Call of Duty: Ghosts you don't just create a class, you create a soldier, a first for the franchise. In the new Create-A-Soldier system, players can change the physical appearance of their soldier by choosing the head, body type, head-gear and equipment, and for the first time in a Call of Duty® game, the player can also choose their gender. With 20,000 possible combinations, this is the most flexible and comprehensive character customization in Call of Duty history.
- New dynamic maps are the evolution of multiplayer. They include interactive elements and player triggered events that make the environment evolve as each match goes on. The entire landscape can shift and force players to change tactics and strategies.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts introduces new tactical player movements. The new contextual lean system now allows players to lean around obstacles without adding button combinations or fully leaving cover. The new mantling system allows fluid movement over objects, while maintaining momentum. The knee slide allows for a natural transition from sprinting crouching to prone.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts delivers over 20 NEW Kill Streaks such as Juggernaut Maniac, the Helo Scout, the Vulture and the ODIN Strike. Players can even bring in guard dog Riley, from the single-player campaign, to protect and also to attack enemies. There are also over 30 NEW weapons, including an entirely new weapon class: Marksman Rifles.
- Build your team and take up to 6 of them into battle in the all new Squads mode. This mode takes the best parts of the multiplayer experience and allows you to play either solo or cooperatively with the custom soldiers created and leveled up in multiplayer.
- The load-out choices you make for your Squad members will directly change the AI behavior of your squad-mates. Give your soldier a sniper rifle and he'll behave like a sniper, and an SMG guy will be more run and gun.
- OS : Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit CPU : Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better RAM : 6 GB RAM HDD : 40 GB HD space Video : NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better Sound : DirectX® compatible sound card DirectX® : DirectX® 11 Internet : Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.
- OS : Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit CPU : Intel® Core™ i5 – 680 @ 3.6GHz RAM : 8 GB RAM HDD : 40 GB HD space Video : NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 760 @ 4GB Sound : DirectX® compatible sound card DirectX® : DirectX® 11 Internet : Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.
© 2013 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
More from Call of Duty
More like this, what curators say, customer reviews.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Popular user-defined tags for this product: (?)
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.
Call of Duty 2022 will reportedly feature the original actor for Ghost
Ghost would need a new voice actor after Activision cut ties with Jeff Leach
Craig Fairbrass, the original voice actor for Simon "Ghost" Riley from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, will reportedly reprise his role as Ghost in Call of Duty 2022, which is said to be a follow-up to the recent Modern Warfare reboot.
That's according to Call of Duty leaker Ralphsvalve , who's shared quite a few alleged details about the rumored reboot – like the addition of classic Modern Warfare 2 maps to Warzone as well as the reintroduction of General Shepherd in the new campaign. However, with the game itself still unannounced, none of this information can be verified.
If Call of Duty 2022 is indeed a return to Modern Warfare 2, we can reasonably assume that Ghost will be a major character in the story. If so, Activision would need to find someone to play the character now that the publisher's cut ties with Jeff Leach , who most recently played Ghost in Call of Duty: Mobile and Warzone. Fairbrass, the series' original Ghost, would be a more-than-reasonable pick. You could also argue for Andrew Randall, who played Ghost in the 2011 Call of Duty short film Operation Kingfish, but if nothing else, Fairbrass is more closely tied to the games.
Again, we're talking about rumored casting for a rumored game, so even if Fairbrass is involved with the project at this stage, it's possible things will change in the next year or so. It's equally possible that this is just another false leak for the pile, so don't get too invested in Ghost just yet.
Look out for another Call of Duty: Vanguard free weekend starting tomorrow, December 16.
Sign up to the GamesRadar+ Newsletter
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
Austin freelanced for the likes of PC Gamer, Eurogamer, IGN, Sports Illustrated, and more while finishing his journalism degree, and he's been with GamesRadar+ since 2019. They've yet to realize that his position as a staff writer is just a cover up for his career-spanning Destiny column, and he's kept the ruse going with a focus on news and the occasional feature.
Skyrim player spends 20,000 gold buying all the food in the realms, only to eat it all at once and instantly, explosively die
Starfield player limit-tests the RPG's weapon modding with 1,500 shells for a shotgun so powerful that it's virtually impossible to miss
Stardew Valley creator teases a tiny addition for 1.6 and no thank you, I don't want it
By Will Salmon 20 October 2023
By Kaan Serin 20 October 2023
By Lauren Milici 20 October 2023
By Austin Wood 20 October 2023
By George Marston, Will Salmon 20 October 2023
By Hope Bellingham 20 October 2023
By Anne-Marie Ostler 20 October 2023
By Amy West 20 October 2023
By Alessandro Fillari 20 October 2023
By Megan Garside 20 October 2023
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Call of Duty: Ghosts Guide
Top guide sections.
- Campaign (Walkthrough)
- Weapons and Equipment
- Secrets and Easter Eggs
Images & Screenshots
Call of Duty: Ghosts Review
Call of Duty: Ghosts News
OUTNUMBERED, OUTGUNNED, BUT NOT OUTMATCHED.
WE ARE ALL WE'VE GOT. This new chapter in the Call of Duty® franchise features a fresh dynamic, where players are on the side of a crippled nation, fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as "Ghosts", lead the battle against a newly-emerged, technologically-superior, global power.
The franchise that has defined a generation of gaming is set to raise the bar once again with the all-new Call of Duty®: Ghosts. Published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original Call of Duty® and the critically-acclaimed Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® series, Call of Duty®: Ghosts® ushers in the next generation of the franchise, delivering a riveting all-new gameplay experience built on an entirely new story, setting and cast, all powered by a new next-generation Call of Duty® engine.
- Multiplayer - In Call of Duty®: Ghosts multiplayer, customize your soldier and squad for the first time. Level environments are more realistic and immersive than ever before.
- Campaign - Outnumbered, Outgunned, But Not Outmatched. This new chapter in the Call of Duty® franchise features a fresh dynamic, where players are on the side of a crippled nation, fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as "Ghosts", lead the battle against a newly-emerged, technologically-superior, global power.
- Extinction - Extinction is a completely new 4-player, co-op game mode featuring a unique blend of fast-paced survival gameplay, base defense, player customization and class leveling rounding out this robust new Call of Duty®: Ghosts game mode. Teamwork is critical. Your team faces an inhuman menace that has overrun an isolated Colorado town and you must eliminate the threat via any means necessary.
- DLC - Season Pass. Get ready for a full season of amazing content with the Call of Duty®: Ghosts Season Pass. With the Season Pass you’ll get 4 epic downloadable content packs: ONSLAUGHT, DEVASTATION, INVASION, AND NEMESIS – providing brand new multiplayer maps, bonus weapons, and a unique 4-part episodic Extinction experience for one great low price.
The Software License and Service Agreement will be updated. Please follow this link [ https://www.activision.com/legal/ap-eula ] in order to see these changes.
Latest Critic Reviews
Latest user reviews, all platforms.
Based on 29 Critic Reviews
Based on 10 Critic Reviews
Based on 14 Critic Reviews
Based on 49 Critic Reviews
Based on 7 Critic Reviews
Based on 6 Critic Reviews
- All Reviews
- Positive Reviews
- Mixed Reviews
- Negative Reviews
Summary This installment in the Call of Duty series features a fresh dynamic where players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. 10 years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have been permanently changed. As what's left of the nation's Sp ... Read More
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- Infinity Ward
Perfect Dark (2000)
Halo: Combat Evolved
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Metroid Prime Remastered
Quake III Arena
Unreal Tournament 2004
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Unreal Tournament (1999)
Medal of Honor (1999)
Games Like 'Warhammer 40,000: Darktide' to Play Next
As fun as the latest in the franchise is, there are plenty of other cooperative shooters worthy of your time.
Games Like 'Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion' to Play Next
'Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion' is an intriguing RPG, but there are several titles that offer a similar experience.
2022 Game Award Winners, From 'Elden Ring' to 'Stray'
'God of War Ragnarök,' took home the most trophies, but 'Elden Ring' nabbed the top prize.
Games Like 'The Callisto Protocol' to Play Next
Once you've wrapped up 'The Callisto Protocol's' 13-hour campaign, there are plenty of other horror games to check out next.
Games Like 'Marvel's Midnight Suns' to Play Next
Whether you're seeking another strategy game or bombastic Marvel adventure, something is bound to catch your eye.
Games Like 'Gundam Evolution' to Play Next
If its mixed reviews have you pausing, consider playing these 10 games like 'Gundam Evolution.'
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Multiplayer
Report this post
Call of Duty®: Ghosts
+Offers in-app purchases.
Online multiplayer on console requires Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass Core (sold separately).
Outnumbered and outgunned, but not outmatched. Welcome to Call of Duty®: Ghosts, an extraordinary step forward for one of the largest entertainment franchises of all-time. This new chapter in the Call of Duty® franchise features a fresh dynamic where players are on the side of a crippled nation fighting not for freedom, or liberty, but simply to survive. Fueling this all new Call of Duty universe, the franchise's ambitious new next-gen engine delivers stunning levels of immersion and performance all while maintaining the speed and fluidity of 60 frames-per-second across all platforms. Single Player Campaign Ten years after a devastating mass event, the nation's borders and the balance of global power have been redrawn forever. As what's left of the nation's Special Operations forces, a mysterious group known only as ""Ghosts"" leads the fight back against a newly emerged, technologically-superior global power. Multiplayer In Call of Duty®: Ghosts you don't just create a class, you create a soldier. In the new Create-A-Soldier system, choose the head, body type, head-gear and equipment, and for the first time in a Call of Duty® game choose your gender. New dynamic maps include interactive elements and player triggered events that make the environment evolve as each match goes on. The entire landscape can shift and force you to change tactics and strategies. Call Of Duty: Ghosts redefines how the player moves through the world. The new contextual lean system now allows you to lean around obstacles without adding button combinations or fully leaving cover. The new mantling system allows you to move fluidly over objects, while maintaining momentum. The knee slide allows you to naturally transition from sprinting to crouch to prone. Squads Build your team and take up to 6 of them into battle in the all new Squads mode. This mode takes the best parts of the multiplayer experience and allows you to play either solo or cooperatively with the custom soldiers you've created and leveled up in multiplayer.
Developed by, release date, playable on.
- Xbox Series X|S
- Xbox local co-op (2-2)
- Online co-op (2-2)
- Xbox local multiplayer (2-2)
- Online multiplayer (2-18)
Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition
Add-ons included, included in.
Add-ons for this game
People also like
- View history
The Extinction insignia.
Extinction is a game mode featured in Call of Duty: Ghosts . The game mode features up to four players fighting Cryptids (ancient creatures that have existed before the dinosaurs) in outbreak sites where the Cryptids have overrun the area. Players have objectives, which are to destroy cryptid Hives and complete Challenges . Players also earn money by killing cryptids, destroying Hives, or searching Search Piles . The money earned from these can be used to purchase additional weaponry placed throughout the map (similar to Zombies ) and use abilities selected pre-game. In addition, players are able to customize their player, much like in multiplayer mode.
The Traps that can be used against the cryptids are the electric fence and fire traps. The traps cost money to set and only last for a short period of time. The traps do not have a cooldown time and can be used as often as the player wants provided they have the money needed.
There are four classes for the player to choose from, Weapon Specialist , Tank , Engineer , and Medic . For each class there is a specific set of unique abilities/perks that the player will be able to utilize for themselves or their team. There are also loadout slots that players can choose different options from including: Pistol , Ammo Type, Team Support , Strike Package and Equalizer , the player also passively has On the Go and Resilience . Once the player completes level thirty, they will automatically prestige, allowing them to equip an additional Relic , once per prestige. The mode is not infinite round based like Zombies, but has an ending and is much more linear.
If a player receives enough damage they will fall to the ground (frequently referred to as "down", due to its similarity to the same action in Zombies ). During this period of time the player is still able to use their pistol. However, another teammate must revive the fallen teammate or they will bleed out and die. When a player dies they will spectate another player and a dog tag will appear where their body was located. Nevertheless, it is still possible for another player to revive the dead player at their dog tag. In solo, at the start of the game, the player can be downed once and revive themselves after a couple of seconds, but next time they will directly die. However, when a barrier hive is destroyed or the player proceeds to the next section of the map, the player receives an extra chance; this means that the player can be downed a maximum of three times in a single game before dying. However, in Exodus, each generator finished adds an extra life, allowing for a total of 6 (or 7 if playing solo) self-revives to be collected.
Much like with Squads , player progression is separated in online and offline. This means that any progress made playing locally won't transfer to online play, and vice versa. Unlike Squads however, only the basic equipment is unlocked from the start in local mode, and everything else must be earned by leveling up and prestiging. Online progress also carries in between consoles of the same family.
When playing in Split Screen mode, progression for the second player is carried only in online play through their Call of Duty accounts. In local mode, the second player always starts at level 1, regardless of wherever they're logged in or not.
The maximum amount of money a player can carry is $6000 ($3000 with the Smaller Wallet Relic , $8000 with the +4 Engineer upgrade or $4000 with both). The player will receive money after a Hive is destroyed, based on their score earned while it was being destroyed. A supply drop of $3000 ($2250 with Smaller Wallet Relic) will be dropped after a Barrier Hive is destroyed. Also, a $2,000 supply drop will spawn in after the first fight with the Breeder in Nightfall, and $3,500 will be given to players once an Ancestor has been killed in Exodus .
- 1.5x: Killed with a critical hit
- 1.3x: Any cryptid killed in the cabin area of Point of Contact .
- 0.75x: Smaller Wallet Relic
- 0.5x: Killed with a hit to the armor (Does not apply with Armor Piercing Ammo or when killed by Melee)
- 0.5x: Assisted kill
- 0.5x: Any cryptid killed in the upper deck area of Mayday
- 6.1 Requires the Devastation Map Pack
- 6.2 Requires the Invasion Map Pack
- 6.3 Requires the Nemesis Map Pack
- 7 Difficulty
- 8.1 Point of Contact Achievements/Trophies
- 8.2 Nightfall Achievements/Trophies
- 8.3 Mayday Achievements/Trophies
- 8.4 Awakening Achievements/Trophies
- 8.5 Exodus Achievements/Trophies
- 13 References
22 November 2022
12 November 2020
30 October 2019
Episodes [ ]
- Point of Contact
Cryptids [ ]
In Extinction, there are 25 Prestiges. Originally, there were 5 prestige levels, but with the release of every map pack, 5 new prestiges were added. The player must reach and complete rank 30, which will earn the player the next prestige level and automatically reset them back to rank 1. However, players will retain all unlocks regardless of prestiging. At prestige 25, upon completing rank 30, the player will reach rank 31 to show that they have earned the maximum amount of experience. However, players stop unlocking anything after hitting 10th prestiege, which unlocks the 10th and final relic slot. After that point, players will still level up, but they will only be earning more Teeth.
- Rank 1 - Weapon Specialist , P226 , Normal Ammo, Team Explosives , I.M.S. , Portable Turret
- Rank 2 - Stun Ammo
- Rank 3 - Tank , Multiplayer Background
- Rank 4 - Feral Instincts
- Rank 5 - Engineer
- Rank 6 - Grenade Turret
- Rank 7 - .44 Magnum
- Rank 8 - Armor
- Rank 9 - Mortar Strike
- Rank 10 - Medic
- Rank 11 - Multiplayer Background
- Rank 12 - Incendiary Ammo
- Rank 13 - M9A1
- Rank 14 - Team Booster
- Rank 15 - Crowd Control
- Rank 16 - MP-443 Grach , Multiplayer Background
- Rank 17 - Random Supplies
- Rank 18 - Trinity Rocket , MAAWS Rocket
- Rank 19 - Multiplayer Patch
- Rank 20 - Explosive Ammo , Multiplayer Background
- Rank 21 - Multiplayer Background
- Rank 22 - Sentry Gun
- Rank 23 - MK32 Launcher
- Rank 24 - Multiplayer Patch
- Rank 25 - Armor-Piercing Ammo
- Rank 26 - Multiplayer Background
- Rank 27 - Multiplayer Patch
- Rank 28 - Vulture
- Rank 29 - Death Machine
- Prestige 1, Rank 1 - 1st Relic Slot
- Prestige 2, Rank 1 - 2nd Relic Slot
- Prestige 3, Rank 1 - 3rd Relic Slot
- Prestige 4, Rank 1 - 4th Relic Slot
- Prestige 5, Rank 1 - 5th Relic Slot, Multiplayer Patch
- Prestige 6, Rank 1 - 6th Relic Slot
- Prestige 7, Rank 1 - 7th Relic Slot
- Prestige 8, Rank 1 - 8th Relic Slot
- Prestige 9, Rank 1 - 9th Relic Slot
- Prestige 10, Rank 1 - 10th Relic Slot
Weapons [ ]
The following five relics were released initially with the game:
- Take More Damage - Players take more damage when injured. (Approximately 25% increased damage)
- Pistols Only - Weapon purchases are not allowed. (Players also cannot pick up free customized weapons found in lockers or the Venom-X )
- Smaller Wallet - Earn and carry less cash. ($3000 Maximum cash and 75% money earned)
- Mortal - No Class selection available.
- Do Less Damage - Inflict less damage against the aliens. (Approximately 33% less damage dealt to all aliens)
The following five relics were released along side the third DLC pack Invasion for the map Awakening :
- Fragile - Slow health regeneration, no regeneration while sprinting, and falling damage is enabled.
- Stand Your Ground - Move slower. No reloading while sprinting.
- No Machines - No Equalizers or Strike Packages available.
- Ammo boxes (no matter the type or skill level) will give 25% ammo which is about 1 mag for an LMG, ~ 2-3 mags for rifles and SMGs, ~1/4 max ammo for pistols.
- Players with this relic equipped can still take Ammo from Support drops, the +4 Upgrade for Regular Ammo makes box Regenerate Ammo to all players within a 20 ft Radius of it, which also applies to Players with 'Earn Your Keep' active. This also applies with Cryptid Slayer Ammo, as it too regenerates.
- Players cannot open lockers, even if they have the "Start with a Locker Key" armory upgrade.
- If the Player is revived after completely bleeding out, they are able to take ammo from a team deployed box once after being revived.
- If the Player has Pistols Only and Earn Your Keep active, they can acquire Ammo from any of the buyable weapons around the map. It is titled on the screen as "Pistol Beast" and costs $1500, the player will then receive maximum ammunition, but considerably less if Limited Ammo is also active.
Spend Teeth in the armory to purchase upgrades for classes and equipment. Earn Teeth by Completing Extinction missions. Bonus Teeth are awarded for using relics, playing Hardcore mode, or helping other players complete a mission for the first time.
Teeth are also earned by killing 300 Cryptids (regardless of difficulty), achieving ranks 2, 6, 11 and 21 for the first time, and prestiging. You are also awarded 2 teeth for successfully completing 10 challenges in one mission and 4 more for completing all challenges without failing one. You get 4 teeth for a platinum escape, 3 for gold, 2 for silver, and 1 for bronze. You are also awarded one tooth per relic used if the mission is completed.
There is also a 'Bonus Pool' which contains three Teeth that can be obtained by completing the first area of a map. The bonus pool refills every seven days. A patch changed this to one bonus tooth each day.
Contrary to popular belief, escaping without ever being downed or repairing the drill do not grant bonus Teeth. There're no other methods of earning teeth other than the ones mentioned above.
Teeth can be farmed in large amounts by doing a Harcore 10-relic run, but this is extremely challenging (if not almost impossible) and requires amazing teamwork between 4 players.
Requires the Devastation Map Pack [ ]
With the release of Mayday (Extinction) , four new upgrades were released, one for each class. These active skills are activated by double tapping the Ammo button (mapped to Up on the D-pad on consoles), unless you're playing in Chaos Mode , in which case it only requires one press. The recharge time for each upgrade is of 3 minutes, or 1:30 with the "Class Upgrade Frequency Boost" upgrade.
Requires the Invasion Map Pack [ ]
Requires the nemesis map pack [ ], difficulty [ ].
An update for the mode included several new difficulty modes for the game to be played at.
Casual: The number of Cryptids that appear are reduced by 50%, their health is also reduced by 50% (Scouts can now be killed with a single melee attack; Rhinos take up less than a single LMG magazine to be taken down). Cryptids are not as aggressive as before the patch, players will take less damage as a result. Cryptid damage to the drill is also reduced by 50%, so the frequency to repair it, or to keep it above 50 health for the challenge, is easier. Players also spend less money by having to use their abilities less often (the prices are still the same, it's the frequency of using them to resupply/re-armor that allows players a full bank most of the time in this difficulty). Playing on Casual, however, does not count towards leaderboard placings; scores won't be posted, escapes will not count, and teeth for the armory are only earned via bonus pool, killing a large number of Cryptids, and Prestiging. But, the number of Cryptids the players kill will still count towards the 10,000-weapon-kill operation and still earn the Multiplayer patch. Additionally, escaping while using a Relic will also still count towards the background challenges. A recent update made a casual playlist online, with rotating maps.
Regular: This difficulty is essentially the way the mode has been played before the patch.
Hardcore: The crosshairs on the player's HUD is removed, the Cryptids are more aggressive and skill points are not earned for destroying hives. However, skill points will still be given out for entering new areas. Ricochet friendly fire is also turned on. Substantially more difficult enemies appear to spawn much earlier on. Players tend to be faced with Hunters on the very first hive. Specifically on Point of Contact, within the first area, players come face to face with large numbers of Meteors/Seekers. A recent update made an online hardcore playlist, with rotating maps. Extra score is given in Hardcore compared to Core game types, and money payouts after a hive/obelisk/generator are increased in size. Each map's leaderboards have a dedicated Hardcore section that can be viewed by toggling a setting when viewing a map's escape leaderboard, both for solo and co-op play.
Achievements/Trophies [ ]
Point of contact achievements/trophies [ ].
Nightfall Achievements/Trophies [ ]
Mayday Achievements/Trophies [ ]
Awakening achievements/trophies [ ], exodus achievements/trophies [ ].
- Skill points spent in one game do not carry over to the next. Each classes skill set is reset at the start of every game.
- Melee attacks with the knife are done as standard slashes (like in previous games) as opposed to the stabbing animation that would slow down the player.
- The game will continue in the background in solo play even when the pause menu is used.
- The player is still able to move while being revived or while repairing the Drill .
- If a player bleeds out they will only lose their tactical and lethal equipment.
- The player can drop money in increments of $1000 (if "Smaller Wallet" relic is enabled, player only receives $750) by holding the ADS and jump buttons for three seconds.
- The total amount of teeth required to purchase all current upgrades from the armory is 2522.
Gallery [ ]
- A prototype for a sequel to Extinction was developed, featuring base building, RTS elements   , and combat classes  . The story revolved around humanity being an extension of the Cryptids, with Samantha Cross becoming an antagonist  . The sequel was ultimately scrapped as Infinity Ward didn't want "aliens" in a game taking place in space and was replaced by a Zombies mode for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare . 
References [ ]
- ↑ " Extinction 2 would have been AMAZING! That prototype we built had so much promise! " - Lee Ross, Twitter
- ↑ " Yep the video is cool. Base building baby! A little RTS mechanics in the mix " - Brian Bright, Twitter
- ↑ " Fully functioning prototype map with combat, base building and combat classes. 😎 " - Lee Ross, Twitter
- ↑ " Samantha was going full fucking villain. Cryptid types were expanding massively. I would have taken that story to a place where we explained that we are merely an extension of the Cryptids. 😎 " - Lee Ross, Twitter
- ↑ " To be fair, if we made Extinction 2 there would not have been IW Zombies. The studio was nervous about taking COD to space and didnt want “aliens” in it, even though the cryptids were not aliens. " - Brian Bright, Twitter
- 1 Simon "Ghost" Riley
- 3 Call of Duty (series)
Why Call of Duty: Ghosts 2 Never Happened
Despite plenty of potential for a sequel to be made, Call of Duty: Ghosts 2 has never happened, and there are likely a few reasons for this.
Call of Duty: Ghosts is an interesting entry in Activision's flagship series. As the first major cross-gen release for the global juggernaut, this Call of Duty game bridged the gap between the PS3 and PS4 console generations. It was also a bold step forward for Infinity Ward , as it served as the first time in several years that the developer was moving away from the safety of the Modern Warfare brand.
The much-memed fish AI demo did not exactly get fans hyped for Call of Duty: Ghosts , and it did not help that the game was releasing after the beloved Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 . Ultimately, it marked the end of the golden age for the Call of Duty series, as it was not as successful as the games that released from 2007-2012 and served as the start of a rough patch for the series. Each game mode has downsides, meaning there are several reasons why the game never received a sequel.
RELATED: Infinity Ward’s RPG Should Be a Continuation of Call of Duty: Ghosts’ Extinction Mode
Call of Duty: Ghosts’ Campaign Was a Step Back
Each core mode of Call of Duty: Ghosts had its flaws, and the campaign’s were perhaps the most obvious. For starters, Infinity Ward had the challenge of getting fans invested in a new universe and fresh cast of characters, which was an uphill battle given the popularity of Modern Warfare and figures like Captain Price . The decision to feature a group called the Ghosts that had no relation to Modern Warfare 2 ’s Simon Riley (aside from a dog whose name was a tribute to the character) was odd, and the silent protagonist Logan proved hard to connect to.
Alongside some stiff voice acting from the members of the Ghosts and a predictable story, the campaign felt like a step back from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 ’s creative singleplayer mode . In that campaign, players could make choices that led to certain characters dying and major scenes playing out differently. Different endings could be acquired, and some side missions were able to be completed in hopes of getting a better conclusion to the story. With Call of Duty: Ghosts , there was no innovation, with a traditional campaign provided instead.
Call of Duty: Ghosts ’ ending was also flawed , as Infinity Ward clearly wanted Ghosts to spark its own subseries. To do this, the developer provided fans with a cliffhanger that did not make much sense at all. Despite being shot at point-blank range with a revolver, Rorke survives, with the villain taking Logan captive to brainwash him and make him a Ghost Killer. This likely would have set up a Logan vs. Hesh campaign if a sequel was released, with the two brothers battling against each other. Rorke surviving has always felt absurd, though, as does the notion that Logan would turn on his family. Ultimately, this cliffhanger felt forced, and fans will likely be left to wonder what happened next forever.
Call of Duty: Ghosts’ Multiplayer Had Some Major Flaws
While there have been some truly great Call of Duty campaigns over the years, multiplayer has and always will be the most important aspect of the series. Unfortunately, Call of Duty: Ghosts ' multiplayer component had some major flaws. A majority of the maps were weak and far too large, which is a death sentence for a Call of Duty game. Stonehaven, for example, was a massive play space that felt hugely unfocused, lacking a three-lane-style and feeling like a massive bit of land where players ran around aimlessly.
Other issues were present in Call of Duty: Ghosts ’ multiplayer, such as how UAVs were used. The SAT COMs were the game's version of UAVs, and they came in the form of easily destructible devices that had to be set on the ground. This killstreak only provided the full UAV effects if multiple were placed on the map at the same time, making a single SAT COM pointless. This ultimately made the streak frustrating to use, with it feeling like an over complication of a classic Call of Duty feature .
There was also the concept of Field Orders, an odd mechanic that rewarded even the most average players with game changing streaks like the KEM strike for doing simple things like teabagging a dead enemy. Some of the rewards were silly, too, like becoming Michael Myers or the Predator . Considering that some players are against overly colorful outfits in a military setting, it is no surprise that this more extreme level of goofiness rubbed a few players the wrong way. Other issues included overpowered weapons like the Honey Badger and an overly gray color palette, with the latter leading to a game that felt like it was lacking personality.
RELATED: Call of Duty's Odd History With Battle Royale
Extinction Was Not What Fans Wanted
Call of Duty: Ghosts ’ Extinction mode was an interesting experiment that did not pay off, though some players do look back on it fondly. The co-op mode saw four gamers coming together to battle aliens known as Cryptids, with the creatures coming in many different forms. Each map played out like a linear mission as opposed to Call of Duty Zombies' round-based style, though this change of pace could be a key part of why the mode did not catch on.
Call of Duty: Ghosts following Black Ops 2 means that it had to live up to that game’s Zombies mode, which is widely regarded as one of the best the series has ever seen. While it got off to a rocky start with TranZit, Mob of the Dead, Buried, and Origins were all beloved maps and helped create a stellar DLC season. Even though Call of Duty: Ghosts was made by Infinity Ward, and non-Treyarch Zombies modes rarely work out, Extinction playing more like Zombies might have helped it find a bit more success. Unfortunately, though the mode was solid and quite replayable due to its Teeth system and different classes, it simply released at the wrong time and failed to maintain a large audience.
Whether it be the poorly timed Extinction mode, the flawed multiplayer, or the by-the-books campaign mode, there are many issues with Call of Duty: Ghosts ' three modes, making for a game that only managed to be decent overall. While some liked it and have become nostalgic for Ghosts over the years, it was far from the series’ best. With only the majorly successful series like Modern Warfare and Black Ops getting sequels , it is no surprise that Call of Duty: Ghosts was a one and done entry.
Call of Duty: Ghosts is available now on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
MORE: Call of Duty Games' Veteran Difficulty Tier List
- Linked Accounts
- Call of Duty
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
- Call of Duty: Vanguard
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile
- Call of Duty Mobile
- United States
Selected region: United States
- United Kingdom
- English Canada
- Login | Sign Up
- Profile | Sign Out
October 22, 2021
by James Mattone
Call of Duty ® : Black Ops Cold War and Warzone™ Bundle Breakdown: Ghost of War Ultra Skin
There is an old legend that the bloodiest battlefields can give birth to a creature known only as the Ghost of War… see how you can become it in Warzone and Black Ops Cold War.
Choose a platform to open its digital store to download your free digital copy of Call of Duty ® : Warzone TM .
As The Haunting continues, Perseus’s Kapano “Naga” Vang becomes the vessel for the fiercest warrior among the living and the dead: the Ghost of War.
Available in the new Ghost of War Ultra Skin bundle in the Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Store, this Ultra-rarity skin is perfect for fighting fellow Operators and specters within the new Ghosts of Verdansk mode or in other Halloween-themed playlists.
Click the “Buy Bundle” button at the top of this blog to see how you can claim this collection of content, but first check out everything this Bundle has to offer:
- Ghost of War Ultra-rarity Skin. An old war legend tells the tale of a skeletal creature born out of the blood and ashes of the deadliest battles. Powered by supernatural energy, the hollow warrior knows no allies and can fight for an eternity. Bound to Naga’s bones, but not his flesh, the “Ghost of War” is ready to fight for you in Warzone and Black Ops Cold War .
- Three Weapon Blueprints. A trio of Legendary Weapon Blueprints — one Shotgun, one SMG, and one Assault Rifle — can fit your Loadouts across both games. All of these weapons include five attachments, include Gold-and-Green Tracer Fire, and are configured for competitive versatility.
- New Finishing Move. Should you sneak behind an unaware enemy, the “Shot Down” Finishing Move allows you to use supernatural and small-arms firepower to humiliate them. Shoot them into the air with a charged rod, and then... you can imagine what comes next.
- Vehicle Skin and Horn, Mini-map Watch, and Epic Emblem. Rally the spirits for your next Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer or Zombies experience by driving the FAV with a new Vehicle Skin. Although this item is available only in Black Ops Cold War , the other items in this Bundle — a spooky horn for all vehicles, a watch with a functional mini-map, and a ghostly Emblem — can be used across both games.
Visit the Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Store in-game — or on the Call of Duty website by clicking the “Buy Bundle” button above — to see how you can get your hands on all these bone-rattling items for your arsenal.
Execute the mission.
October 19, 2021
SCREAM and Ghostface are Here — Available Now in a Limited-Time Bundle
Purchase the Limited-Time Scream Operator Bundle to access the infamous killer in Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War and Call of Duty®: Warzone™ as part of “The Haunting” in-game event.
October 18, 2021
The Haunting Returns to Call of Duty®: Warzone™, Invades Black Ops Cold War in Season Six
It’s back. Two cult-classic killers lead The Haunting, and a white-knuckle event takes over Warzone and Black Ops Cold War. Face your fears and reap the rewards of a new weapon, plus enjoy new modes, Bundles, and more.
October 07, 2021
Surviving “Forsaken” — A Guide to the Final Chapter of Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War Zombies
In the final round-based map for Black Ops Cold War, the Requiem strike team travels to the heart of Omega Group’s operations. Read on for a layout of the new map plus tips and strategies when first starting out in “Forsaken.”
*Ghost of War Ultra Skin — for immediate use in Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone™. Offer valid from October 22 to November 2.
For more information on Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War, check out: www.callofduty.com and www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @Treyarch, @RavenSoftware, and @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
For more information on Activision games, follow @Activision on Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram .
For the latest Call of Duty intel, visit Call of Duty , as well as Call of Duty on YouTube. Also follow Call of Duty on Twitter , Instagram , and Facebook .
© 2019-2021 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision, Call of Duty, Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty Warzone and Warzone are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
black-ops-cold-war | October 20, 2021
Call of duty®: black ops cold war zombies – an interview with mo-cap artist and athlete zion clark, vanguard | october 27, 2021, call of duty®: vanguard console preloading and file size information.
Check Out Job Opportunities At Our Studios
- Game Design
- Art & Animation
- Brand Management
- Quality Assurance
- Customer Support
- Studio Operations
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
The Software License and Service Agreement will be updated. Please follow this link [ https://www.activision.com/legal/ap-eula ] in order to see these changes.
- Random page
- Recent changes
- Troubleshooting guide
- Editing guide
- Sample article
- Wiki policy
- Files policy
- PCGW Account
- Other communities
- What links here
- Related changes
- Special pages
- Printable version
- Permanent link
- Page information
- Page values
Anonymous edits have been disabled on the wiki. If you want to contribute please login or create an account.
- View source
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Monetization, dlc and expansion packs, essential improvements, skip intro videos, configuration file(s) location, save game data location, save game cloud syncing.
Field of view (fov).
Multiplayer types, connection types, issues unresolved, "your cpu does not reach minimum requirements" error at launch, issues fixed, "fatal error: content package no longer available" after complete the "clockwork" mission.
Download the missing file eng_black_ice_ff .
Crashing, freezing and general instability
- Download latest graphics drivers.
- Install all the latest Windows updates, mainly DirectX update KB2670838 on Windows 7.
- Disable Steam Community, Fraps or any other in-game overlay applications.
- Set Terrain Detail to Off .
- Exiting and starting the game after 2 or 3 map changes. Game tends not to clear unused assets from RAM/VRAM/SWAP.
Graphics forced to lowest even in highest settings
Absence of light from flare and flashlight on mission 4, freezing in menu, random mouse acceleration/spasms, 0xc000007b application error, error during intialization: configure_mp.csv: exe_err_couldnt_configure "intel(r) graphics hd4000", "fatal error: your system memory (ram) does not meet the minimum specification" error at launch, disc read error image file.
- Change "Texture Quality" to "manual"
- Change "Specular Map Resolution" from "Extra" to "High"
Level 1 Bug
Other information, system requirements.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 When running this game without elevated privileges ( Run as administrator option), write operations against a location below %PROGRAMFILES% , %PROGRAMDATA% , or %WINDIR% might be redirected to %LOCALAPPDATA% \VirtualStore on Windows Vista and later ( more details ).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 File/folder structure within this directory reflects the path(s) listed for Windows and/or Steam game data (use Wine regedit to access Windows registry paths). Games with Steam Cloud support may store data in ~/.steam/steam/userdata/ <user-id> / 209160 / in addition to or instead of this directory. The app ID (209160) may differ in some cases. Treat backslashes as forward slashes. See the glossary page for details.
- ↑ Call of Duty: Ghosts - last accessed on 2023-06-19
- ↑ Verified by User:Anon on 2019-10-07
- ↑ Call of Duty: Ghosts - WSGF.com - last accessed on May 2023
- ↑ Twitter - Candice Capen, Infinity Ward's Community Coordinator @candyslexia - last accessed on 9 June 2023
- ↑ FoV changers are NOT allowed! - last accessed on 17 May 2023
- ↑ SteamDB: Every depot associated with Japanese Retail Product Key - last accessed on 17 May 2023
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 SteamDB: Every depot associated with Call of Duty Definitive Collection package
- ↑ SteamDB: Every depot associated with Polish Retail Product Key - last accessed on 17 May 2023
- ↑ SteamDB: Every depot associated with Russian Retail Product Key - last accessed on 17 May 2023
- ↑ Your CPU does not reach minimum requirements to run ghosts - Call of Duty: Ghosts General Discussions - last accessed on 17 May 2023
- ↑ POSSIBLE FIXES - Lighting issues - Steam Community Discussions - last accessed on 17 May 2023
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 POSSIBLE FIXES - Menu freezes, Stuttering - Steam Community Discussions
- ↑ WORKING FIX FOR " Error during intialization: configure_mp.csv: EXE_ERR_COULDNT_CONFIGURE "Intel(R) Graphics HD4000" " - Steam Community Discussions - last accessed on 9 June 2023
- ↑ 4GB Update ? :: Call of Duty: Ghosts General Discussions - last accessed on 17 May 2023
- One-time game purchase
- Direct control
- North America
- South America
- Pages needing references
- Pages needing cleanup
Call of Duty Ghosts Black Screen
- EXPLORE Tech Help Pro About Us Random Article Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- EDIT Edit this Article
- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- Quizzes Hot
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Log in / Sign up
- Hobbies and Crafts
- Video Games
- Multi Platform Games
- Call of Duty
How to Fix Call of Duty Ghosts Crashes
Last Updated: August 10, 2021
wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 54,054 times. Learn more...
Many people reported Call of Duty: Ghosts crashes ever since the game was released. It crashes after loading or sometimes after completing the first mission. This article outlines simple troubleshooting techniques to get rid of frequent crashes.
Reinstall Microsoft DirectX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Call of Duty Ghosts\DirectX
- C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Call of Duty Ghosts\DirectX
Turn On AGP Texture, DirectDraw & Direct3D Accelerations
- If you're using Windows 8.1/ 8, press Windows Key + X. Select Search. Type "DxDiag" in the Search Box. Click the Apps icon. Open that from the Search Results.
- If you're using Windows 7/ Vista, click Start. Type "DxDiag" and then press ENTER.
- AGP Texture Acceleration
- DirectDraw Acceleration
- Direct3D Acceleration
Configure the Graphics Settings
- Depth of Field
- Motion Blur
- Terrain Detail
Ensure the Game is Properly Downloaded via Steam
- Don't save account credentials on this computer
Disable Steam Community Feature
- Verify all the hardware and software requirements are fulfilled. Refer the ReadMe file for complete details. Thanks Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
You Might Also Like
About This Article
- Send fan mail to authors
Did this article help you?
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
Get all the best how-tos!
Sign up for wikiHow's weekly email newsletter