- Scream (2022)
Buck 120 Hunting Knife
- View history
Ghostface's Buck-120 as seen in Scream 3 .
The Buck 120 Hunting Knife is the most common/signature weapon used by Ghostface to either harm or kill his/her victims.
- 1 Description
- 4.1 Ghostface
- 4.2 Lakewood Slasher
Description [ ]
Ghostface uses a modified Buck 120, which is a common eight-inch hunting knife that is used as the main weapon by Ghostface, a persona adopted by the primary antagonists of the Scream film series. It also features a fuller beveled into the top of the blade to help lighten the blade. The knife features a clip-point blade, typical of Bowie-style knives, along with a small guard.
The knives used in the film series are made of aluminum with solid wood handles or metallic painted rubber blades with rubber handles, although there are prop knives that use retractable blades. In Scream 4 , however, they used CGI to make the knife appear as if it was going into flesh.
The handle is made of black phenolic with finger grooves and a curved chrome tip in the first three films. In Scream 4 , however, the knife looks different. The Scream 4 version features a longer handle. The stunt knives are wrapped in duct tape and the blade has a less pronounced shape and is wider to boot, with the blood sight and blade looking more faint than usual, since they don't go as deep into the knife. The Scream 4 fuller looks much larger than the older models and the hero knives feature a smooth wood handle.
In the TV series, it appears that the Lakewood Slasher/s and the show's version of Ghostface in the third season uses the Buck 119 instead of the 120, as evidenced by the shorter blade and fuller groove.
History [ ]
The Buck 120 was developed by Buck in the 1960s, but was discontinued around 1992 due to complaints by hunters that the blade length was excessive.
It was replaced by the much-smaller Buck 119, with a blade length of closer to five inches, rather than eight. Today, the Buck 119 lives on due to great popularity. Many fans of the series do not have the money for a Buck 120 or are unable to locate it. So they instead get a Buck 119. The Buck 119 is quite popular with fans today.
The Buck 120 has been recently been brought back to the Buck catalog, renamed the “Buck 120 General”, and is still sold alongside the Buck 119.
Gallery [ ]
Characters who used the knife [ ]
Ghostface [ ].
- Scream (1996) - Billy Loomis and Stu Macher (Buck 120)
- Scream 2 (1997) - Nancy Loomis and Mickey Altieri (Buck 120)
- Scream 3 (2000) - Roman Bridger (Buck 120)
- Scream 4 (2011) - Jill Roberts and Charlie Walker (Buck 120)
- Scream: Ressurection (2019)- (as part of Scream: TV Series ): Jamal Elliot and Beth (Buck 119)
- Scream (2022) - Richie Kirsch , Amber Freeman and Samantha Carpenter (Buck 120)
- Whilst an unofficial Ghostface killer in the film, Jason Carvey does use the knife in the murder he commits, albeit unclear which model (Buck 119-120)
- This is the only film, so far, in which older Buck 120 knives from the previous films are shown and used in various degrees by the new trio of Ghostface killers/family and by the Carpenter sisters, and used to some capacity due to the Ghostface Shrine as an homage to the previous five films/ massacres honing them (among other artifacts).
Lakewood Slasher [ ]
- Whilst unclear, it’s unstated whether or not the original and first Lakewood Slasher, aka the unknown 94 Killer , also used the knife in the murder of his other 3 victims following Brett Kenner (due to murder of Dara Alden having been a slit throat).
- Brandon James and Will Belmont both carried hunting knives. However, neither used a Buck 120 to kill someone.
- Throughout the entire canon franchise , the Buck 120 is only referred to by name once in—by the Lakewood Slasher (later revealed to be Kieran Wilcox ) in Psycho . Although, in a Scream 4 deleted scene, Dewey mentions it as a "hunting knife" when Perkins refers to the size of the knife used to kill Marnie Cooper and Jenny Randall .
- The Buck 120 was seen on the film posters for Friday the 13th Part 4, 7 and 8 . The knife's appearance on these iconic horror film posters may be why it was chosen as Ghostface's primary weapon.
- The Buck 120 General we have today is different to the Original Buck 120 with a dip at the bottom of the blade, Arched Handle, and smaller blade.
- Until the 25 year anniversary "Ghost Face Knife", There was never an accurate official Buck 120 knife.
- 1 Billy Loomis
- 2 Stu Macher
- 3 Samantha Carpenter
- Stab 6: Ghostface Returns
- Stab 7: Knife of the Hunter
- Stab (reboot)
Buck 120 Hunting Knife
- View history
The Buck 120 Hunting Knife is the most common weapon used by GhostFace to kill his/her victims.
- 1 Description
- 3.1 Scream Films
- 3.2 Stab Films
- 4 Notes and Trivia
Description [ ]
GhostFace uses a modified Buck 120, which is a common eight-inch hunting knife that is used as a main weapon by GhostFace, a persona adopted by the primary antagonists of the Scream and Stab film series. It also features a fuller beveled into the top of the blade to help lighten the blade. The knife features a clip-point blade, typical of Bowie-style knives, along with a small guard.
The knives used in the films are made of aluminum with handles made of a synthetic resin known as Phenolic (NOT wood as previously written here), or metallic painted rubber blades with rubber handles, although there are prop knives that use retractable blades. The handles of the real knives are made of black Phenolic with finger grooves and a curved chrome tip.
History [ ]
The Buck 120 was developed by Buck in the 1960s but was discontinued around 1992 due to complaints by hunters that the blade length was excessive.
It was replaced by the much smaller Buck 119, with a blade length of closer to five inches, rather than eight. Today, the Buck 119 lives on due to great popularity. Many fans of the series do not have the money for a Buck 120 or are unable to locate it. So, they instead get a Buck 119. The Buck 119 is quite popular with fans today.
Variations [ ]
Scream films [ ].
- In Scream 4 , the knife features a longer handle and bigger blade (2 inches bigger!). The stunt knives were wrapped in duct tape and the blade has a less pronounced shape and is wider to boot, with the blood sight and blade looking more faint than usual, since they don't go as deep into the knife. The Scream 4 knife looks much larger than the older models and the hero knives feature a smooth wood handle.
- In Scream 4, CGI was used to make the knife appear as if it was going into flesh.
Stab Films [ ]
- In Stab 4 and Stab 5 , real Buck knives had been used.
- In Stab 4 and Stab 5 , a Buck 119 was used.
- Stab 6: Ghostface Returns used entirely fake buck 120 replicas, all of which were broken during production.
- Both versions of Stab 7 were filmed with real Buck 120's that were dulled down.
- The second version of Stab 7 still used the real, dulled-down Buck 120, and a prop handle that had a digital blade added in for the scenes where the girl in Stabbed in the head and through the throat. The throat stab also used the tip of a prop Buck 120, but that was the only time a prop blade was used on the film.
- The Stab reboot will feature some new custom Buck 120 knives and the newest version of the real Buck 120.
Notes and Trivia [ ]
- The Buck 120 was seen on the film posters of Friday the 13th 4 , 7 and 8 . The knife's appearance on these iconic horror film posters may be why it was chosen as GhostFace's primary weapon.
- 1 Buck 120 Hunting Knife
- 2 GhostFace
What knife does Ghostface use?
by Admin · Published October 30, 2023 · Updated October 30, 2023
What knife is used in Scream MTV?
Is the buck 120 a dagger, what weapon does ghostface use in scream, does scream use real knives, how to beat ghostface in "scream".
Does Ghostface use a kitchen knife?
What knife was used in scream 2, who is the strongest ghostface in scream, can ghostface survive a bullet, which ghostface has the most kills.
- 1 Roman Bridger - Scream 3 (9 Kills)
- 2 Jill Roberts - Scream 4 (7 Kills) ...
- 3 Wayne Bailey - Scream VI (6 Kills) ...
- 4 Mickey Altieri - Scream 2 (7 Kills) ...
- 5 Billy Loomis - Scream (4 Kills) ...
- 6 Amber - Scream 2022 (4 Kills) ...
- 7 Charlie Walker - Scream 4 (3 Kills) ...
What knife does John Wick use?
How big is a buck 119 knife, what is pewdiepie's knife, what knife did billy the kid use, what is a redbone knife, who is the weakest ghostface, can michael myers beat ghostface, who would win ghostface or leatherface, who is the smartest scream killer, who was the 6th ghostface, who was the 5th ghostface, what knife does rambo use, what is a buck 120 used for.
Site co-founder, Slack admin, web admin and fan of tinkering with BASIC and assembly language for old machines.
- Is Charizard the most powerful Pokémon card?
- Is it good to level up Arcane Elden ring?
- When did Ash leave Charizard?
- What is Multiattack?
- Where is the secret Divine Beast?
- Why am i stuck at Adventure Rank 35?
- Can you kill a shadow Leviathan?
- How long does a money tree take to grow?
- Can you romance Songbird in cyberpunk?
- Does any Seagate external hard drive work with PS4?
- Sign In | Register
This item is located in London.
All £ prices include sales tax (VAT) of 20.00% applicable to any purchases made by clients within the UK or NI, unless denoted by an "M" indicating it is sold under the margin scheme for collector's items; no VAT is due to except to clients within NI.
All $ prices are exclusive of VAT, although clients in some US States may be required to pay sales tax on their order following the Wayfair ruling; these will be calculated at checkout.
All € prices are exclusive of VAT.
The US States below may be required to pay sales tax on their order following the Wayfair ruling ; these will be calculated at checkout.
All conversions presented are approximate. You will be charged in UK Sterling (GBP£).
Prices do not include shipping and handling or any local taxes and duties that may be applied by your local government.
This item is located in Los Angeles.
All prices displayed are exclusive of sales taxes, although the US States below may be required to pay sales tax on their order following the Wayfair ruling ; these will be calculated at checkout.
- North Carolina
All conversions presented are approximate. You will be charged in US Dollars (USD$).
This item lives in our UK office.
All £ prices include sales tax (VAT) of 20.00% for clients within the UK or NI. An “M” indicates the item is sold under the margin scheme for collector’s items so no VAT is due, except to clients within NI. All € and $ prices are exclusive of VAT.
Due to the Wayfair Ruling, some US States may be required to pay sales tax. Conversions are approximate and you’ll be charged in UK Sterling (GBP£). Prices do not include shipping, handling or any local taxes. Duties may also be applied by your local government.
This item lives in our US office.
All prices are exclusive of sales taxes. Due to the Wayfair Ruling, some US States may be required to pay sales tax. If that’s the case, we’ll calculate the total at checkout. Conversions are approximate and you’ll be charged in US Dollars (USD$). Prices do not include shipping, handling or any local taxes. Duties may also be applied by your local government.
Incl. Buyer’s Premium
You seem to be using an unsupported browser.
Please upgrade to the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Edge or Firefox.
- Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry
- Costumes & Accessories
- To view this video download Flash Player
Fun World Officially Licensed Ghost Face Official Licensed Bowie Knife Costume Accessory
About this item.
- Includes: 1 Prop Bowie Knife
- As seen in the Scream Movie series!
- Perfect Prop for your Halloween Costume or Cosplay
- Quality materials and solid construction.
- Please note: This item's color may vary due to inherent manufacturing variations or your computer monitor's color settings. The item you receive will be identical or substantially similar to the item pictured in this listing.
More items to explore
Compare with similar items
A perfect accompaniment to your Ghost Face costume, this Officially Licensed Bowie Knife is a fun prop to add when you go to a party, opening the door for trick or treaters, or to your favorite scary movie night. Make your friends scream!
To report an issue with this product, click here .
Looking for specific info?
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
Reviews with images
Submit a report
- Harassment, profanity
- Spam, advertisement, promotions
- Given in exchange for cash, discounts
Sorry, there was an error
- Sort reviews by Top reviews Most recent Top reviews
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. please try again later..
Top reviews from other countries
- Amazon Newsletter
- About Amazon
- Press Center
- Investor Relations
- Amazon Devices
- Amazon Science
- Start Selling with Amazon
- Sell apps on Amazon
- Supply to Amazon
- Protect & Build Your Brand
- Become an Affiliate
- Become a Delivery Driver
- Start a Package Delivery Business
- Advertise Your Products
- Self-Publish with Us
- Host an Amazon Hub
- › See More Ways to Make Money
- Amazon Visa
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Amazon Business Card
- Shop with Points
- Credit Card Marketplace
- Reload Your Balance
- Amazon Currency Converter
- Your Account
- Your Orders
- Shipping Rates & Policies
- Amazon Prime
- Returns & Replacements
- Manage Your Content and Devices
- Your Recalls and Product Safety Alerts
- Conditions of Use
- Privacy Notice
- Your Ads Privacy Choices
- Staff picks
- Community members
- Sketchfab Masters
- Animals & Pets
- Art & Abstract
- Cars & Vehicles
- Characters & Creatures
- Cultural Heritage & History
- Electronics & Gadgets
- Fashion & Style
- Food & Drink
- Furniture & Home
- Nature & Plants
- News & Politics
- Places & Travel
- Science & Technology
- Sports & Fitness
- Weapons & Military
- Best selling
- 3D Printable
- For business Sketchfab for Teams Augmented Reality 3D Viewer 3D eCommerce 3D Configurators Become a Partner Find a Partner Pricing Customer Stories
The Ghostface Knife (Buck 120) 3D Model
My wife and I recently watched the new Scream movie, and therefore I decided to try and recreate the iconic Ghostface knife also known as a Buck 120.
I’ve created to versions of the knife - One with blood and one without. The model was crafted in Blender and textured in Substance Painter 3D.
2874 Tris & 4K Textures.
- Weapons & military 3D Models
Shipping - CA $15 • US $20
Item added to your cart
Fire and Air Studios
Ghost Face Buck Knife 🔪
Couldn't load pickup availability
This Ghost Face Buck Knife is one of a kind. It's made of four different types of glass that compliment each other beautifully. The colors and textures were paired carefully to ensure the finished art piece shows off the best qualities of the art glass used. The finish on the piece is black.
Approximate dimensions: Height 30 cm (11.5 inches) / Width 5 cm (2 inches)
This piece was designed and handcrafted by Sara.
The solder and border used in this stained glass piece contain lead. Please keep out of reach of children and animals, and wash hands thoroughly after handling.
Some of the glass used in this piece may be textured & contain little bubbles. Not all features of the glass can be captured on camera, so kindly allow for subtle nuances & variation in your piece.
Please allow up to 5-7 business days for your order to be processed & shipped.
All sales are final.
If your item arrives damaged, please notify us within 48 hours of receiving it.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.