- The A.V. Club
- The Takeout
- The Inventory
Mission impossible: Finding just one woman director for Indian boardrooms
First, more than six months were given to listed Indian firms to find at least one female director for their boardrooms. Later, the deadline was extended by another six months—to April 1. Now, a day after the expiry of that revised deadline, many Indian companies have failed to comply.
Of the 1,457 companies listed on India’s National Stock Exchange—which were required to adhere to the rule—189 are still to find a female director, according to PRIME Database, a capital markets information provider. That is almost 13% of the 1,457 companies. (This data is accurate as of 4:30 pm on April 1.)
In February 2014, the Indian market regulator, Securities and Exchange Board of India, set a deadline of Oct. 1, 2014 for companies to find a woman director on their board. It was later extended to April 1, 2015.
During this period, 820 companies appointed a female director on their boards. The market regulator could fine companies that failed to meet the deadline anywhere between Rs5 lakh ($8,039) and Rs25 crore ($4 million).
Many companies simply elevated family members to the position of directors. The data shows that 103 women of the total directors appointed belong to the promoter group.
Fifteen days ago, as many as 451—or one-third—companies had not filled up the positions.
Meanwhile, there are several government-owned firms that have failed to appoint women directors within the April 1 deadline. For instance, state-owned companies like hydro power generator NHPC, India’s biggest explorer Oil and Natural Gas Corp, and Bharat Petroleum Corporation, a Fortune 500 oil company, have not yet complied.
Historically, India has had a low female participation rate not only in corporate boards, but also in its labour force.
“There is an ecosystem geared towards negative selection that excludes women. The job criteria are fashioned out in such a way that only men will make it to the short list,” Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, chairman and managing director of Biocon, India’s largest biotech firm, said in June .
“So while a company advertises for talented risk-takers on one hand, the board is actually risk-averse and steeped in convention when it comes to allowing women to join their ranks.”
Some of the most popular woman directors who serve on multiple boards include HDFC managing director Renu Sud Karnad and ICICI Foundation vice president Ramni Nirula—each appointed on seven boards.
Following Nirula and Karnad are Renu Challu, Geeta Mathur and Ireena Gopal Vittal, with six-board memberships each. Challu is a former banker, while Vittal is a former McKinsey consultant.
According to PRIME, the companies with the highest number of women directors are Apollo Hospitals Enterprise, Indraprastha Medical Corp, and Monte Carlo Fashions—each with four women directors.
📬 Sign up for the Daily Brief
Our free, fast, and fun briefing on the global economy, delivered every weekday morning.
Small Business Trends
[cartoon] the downside of being indispensable at work.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2003 - 2023, Small Business Trends LLC. All rights reserved. "Small Business Trends" is a registered trademark.
Full Cast & Crew: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)
Burly Russian Prisoner
Control Room Guard
Control Room Guard (as Jan Filipensky)
Control Room Guard (as Jirí Kraus)
Control Room Guard (as Tomas Valik)
Scraggy Tooth (as Vitaliy Kravchenko)
Kremlin Senate Building Desk Guard (as Andrey Bestchastney)
Kremlin Subcellar Hallway Guard (as Michael Dopud)
Kremlin Gate Security Guard
Russian Agent (as Ivo Novak)
Russian Hospital Nurse
Russian News Anchor
Russian News Anchor (as Claudia Vasekova)
British News Anchor
Anna Lisenker (as Petra Lustigova)
Swedish Translator (voice)
Ghaleb El Saadi
Dock Worker (as Ghalib Al Saady)
The Fog's Contact
Doctor Setting Sidorov's Nose (as Mustafa Al Yassri)
Russian Sub Captain
Russian Sub Ensign
San Francisco News Anchor
Julia's Friend (as Keith Blackman Dallas)
Girl on the Red Square (voice) (uncredited)
Hotel Guest (uncredited)
Kremlin Guard (uncredited)
SINGH Security Guard (uncredited)
Julia Meade (uncredited)
Engineer, Various (uncredited)
Luther Stickell (uncredited)
IMF Secretary (uncredited)
- Cast & crew
- User reviews
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name. The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name. The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name.
- Bruce Geller
- Josh Appelbaum
- André Nemec
- Jeremy Renner
- 673 User reviews
- 303 Critic reviews
- 73 Metascore
- See more at IMDbPro
- 5 wins & 30 nominations
- Leonid Lisenker
- Sabine Moreau
- Marek Stefanski
- Burly Russian Prisoner
- Prison Guard
- Control Room Guard
- (as Jan Filipensky)
- All cast & crew
- Production, box office & more at IMDbPro
More like this
Did you know
- Trivia Tom Cruise performed the sequence where Ethan Hunt scales the outside of the Burj Khalifa tower himself without the use of a stunt double. The Burj Khalifa tower is the tallest building in the world at 2,722 feet, or 829.8 meters. Cruise dangled outside the tower at approximately 1,700 feet, or 518 meters.
- Goofs In the climax sequence, at the multilevel car park in India, all the cars are left-hand drive but in India cars are right-hand drive, like in Britain.
Benji Dunn : [explaining Ethan's gloves] Easy way to remember: blue is glue.
Ethan Hunt : And when it's red?
Benji Dunn : Dead.
- Crazy credits Much like the first 'Mission: Impossible' movie, the opening credits to this film contain major plot points to the film.
- Alternate versions American broadcast TV replaces Ethan's response to Brandt's "Your line's too short," ("No s***!") with an alternate take ("Yeah, I know!")
- Connections Featured in Breakfast: Episode dated 16 September 2011 (2011)
- Soundtracks Ain't That a Kick in the Head Written by Sammy Cahn and Jimmy Van Heusen (as James Van Heusen) Performed by Dean Martin Courtesy of Capitol Records Under license from EMI Film & Television Music
User reviews 673
- Dec 16, 2011
- How long is Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol? Powered by Alexa
- What is 'Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol' about?
- Is 'Ghost Protocol' based on a book?
- Where are Dubai and Mumbai located?
- December 21, 2011 (United States)
- United States
- Paramount (United States)
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Paramount Pictures
- Skydance Media
- TC Productions
- See more company credits at IMDbPro
- $145,000,000 (estimated)
- Dec 18, 2011
- Runtime 2 hours 12 minutes
- Dolby Digital
- IMAX 6-Track
Contribute to this page.
- IMDb Answers: Help fill gaps in our data
- Learn more about contributing
More to explore
Join or Sign In
Sign in to customize your TV listings
- TV Listings
- Cast & Crew
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - Full Cast & Crew
- 73 Metascore
- 2 hr 13 mins
- Suspense, Action & Adventure
- Watchlist Where to Watch
When the Kremlin is bombed and the blame falls on the Impossible Mission Force, Ethan Hunt assembles a new team to uncover the truth by using every high-tech trick in the book.
Co-producer, executive producer, assoc. producer, visual effects producer, cinematographer, production company, art director, supervising art director, set decorator, costumes supervisor, sound/sound designer, sound mixer, supervising sound editor, sound effects, makeup special effects, special effects supervisor, special effects, visual effects supervisor, visual effects, visual effects editor, production designer, first assistant director, production manager, unit production manager, production coordinator, second assistant director, second unit director, hair styles, location manager, second unit dir. of photog., additional editing, makeup supervisor, properties master, re-recording mixer, script supervisor, department head hair, department head makeup, choreographer.
Log in or sign up for Rotten Tomatoes
Trouble logging in?
Email not verified
Let's keep in touch.
Sign up for the Rotten Tomatoes newsletter to get weekly updates on:
- Upcoming Movies and TV shows
- Trivia & Rotter Tomatoes Podcast
- Media News + More
OK, got it!
Movies / TV
No results found.
- What's the Tomatometer®?
Movies in theaters
- Opening this week
- Coming soon to theaters
- Certified fresh movies
Movies at home
- Netflix streaming
- Amazon prime
- Most popular streaming movies
- What to Watch New
Certified fresh picks
- The Holdovers Link to The Holdovers
- Rustin Link to Rustin
- When Evil Lurks Link to When Evil Lurks
New TV Tonight
- Invincible: Season 2
- The Gilded Age: Season 2
- Black Cake: Season 1
- All the Light We Cannot See: Season 1
- Ferry: The Series: Season 1
- Planet Earth III: Season 1
- Blue Eye Samurai: Season 1
- Love Island Games: Season 1
- The Boulet Brothers' Dragula: Season 5
Most Popular TV on RT
- The Fall of the House of Usher: Season 1
- Fellow Travelers: Season 1
- Bodies: Season 1
- Sex Education: Season 4
- 30 Coins: Season 2
- Loki: Season 2
- Scavengers Reign: Season 1
- Lessons in Chemistry: Season 1
- Gen V: Season 1
- Top TV Shows
- Certified Fresh TV
- Most popular TV
Certified fresh pick
- The Gilded Age: Season 2 Link to The Gilded Age: Season 2
- All-Time Lists
- Binge Guide
- Comics on TV
- Five Favorite Films
- Video Interviews
- Weekend Box Office
- Weekly Ketchup
- What to Watch
All Blumhouse Horror Movies Ranked
54 Best Scary Kids Movies for Halloween
What to Watch: In Theaters and On Streaming
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage
TV Premiere Dates 2023
Weekend Box Office Results: Five Nights at Freddy’s Scores Monster Opening
- Trending on RT
- Shop Rotten Tomatoes
- Best Horror Movies
- Five Nights at Freddy's
- When Evil Lurks
- A Haunting in Venice
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
2011, Action/Adventure, 2h 13m
What to know
Stylish, fast-paced, and loaded with gripping set pieces, the fourth Mission: Impossible is big-budget popcorn entertainment that really works. Read critic reviews
You might also like
Where to watch mission: impossible - ghost protocol.
Watch Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol with a subscription on Netflix, Paramount Plus, rent on Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, Vudu, or buy on Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, Vudu.
Rate And Review
Rate this movie
Oof, that was Rotten.
Meh, it passed the time.
It’s good – I’d recommend it.
So Fresh: Absolute Must See!
What did you think of the movie? (optional)
You're almost there! Just confirm how you got your ticket.
Step 2 of 2
How did you buy your ticket?
Let's get your review verified..
AMCTheatres.com or AMC App New
Cinemark Coming Soon
We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future.
Regal Coming Soon
Theater box office or somewhere else
By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie.
You're almost there! Just confirm how you got your ticket.
Mission: impossible - ghost protocol videos, mission: impossible - ghost protocol photos.
Blamed for a terrorist attack on the Kremlin, Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and the entire IMF agency are disavowed by the U.S. government, while the president initiates the Ghost Protocol. Forced to go "off the grid" -- left without resources or backup -- Hunt must somehow clear the agency's name and prevent another attack. Complicating matters even more, Ethan must undertake the impossible mission with a group of fellow IMF fugitives whose actual motives are suspect.
Rating: PG-13 (Seq of Intense Action Violence)
Genre: Action, Adventure, Mystery & thriller
Original Language: English
Director: Brad Bird
Producer: Tom Cruise , J.J. Abrams , Bryan Burk
Writer: Josh Appelbaum , Andre Nemec
Release Date (Theaters): Dec 21, 2011 wide
Release Date (Streaming): Dec 31, 2013
Box Office (Gross USA): $209.4M
Runtime: 2h 13m
Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Production Co: Bad Robot
Sound Mix: SDDS, Dolby Digital
View the collection: Mission: Impossible
Cast & Crew
News & Interviews for Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
The More Tom Cruise Runs, The Better His Movies Are: We Did the Math
New on Netflix in August 2022
Your Epic Movie Franchise Binge Guide: The Best Way to Watch the Biggest Series
Critic Reviews for Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Audience reviews for mission: impossible - ghost protocol.
bit of a cheesy start but an easy 4 and as good as the very first.
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is filled with edge of your set thrills executed with great performances, visual splendor and great direction all thanks to Brad Bird!
I may not agree with the critics and other reviewers as to how well this sequel matches up with the others, but I can say with some certitude that if you liked any of the previous ones, you should like this one.
Movie & TV guides
Rotten Tomatoes: The Card Game
RT Podcasts: Rotten Tomatoes is Wrong
Rotten Tomatoes Gifts Cards
What to Watch - In theaters & streaming
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol The Movie Cast
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol – The Movie Cast
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, released in 2011, marked the fourth installment in the highly successful Mission Impossible franchise. Directed by Brad Bird, the film introduced a thrilling and action-packed storyline, complemented by an exceptional ensemble cast. Let’s delve into the talented individuals who brought this captivating movie to life.
Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt: Tom Cruise reprised his role as the iconic IMF agent, Ethan Hunt. Cruise’s portrayal of the relentless and charismatic character has become synonymous with the Mission Impossible series. His dedication to performing his own stunts, including the breathtaking Burj Khalifa scene, adds an extra layer of excitement to the film.
Jeremy Renner as William Brandt: Jeremy Renner joined the cast as William Brandt, a former IMF analyst thrust into the field. Renner’s character brings a new dynamic to the team, providing a sense of vulnerability and intelligence. His chemistry with Cruise’s character adds depth to the storyline.
Simon Pegg as Benji Dunn: Simon Pegg returned to his role as Benji Dunn, the tech-savvy agent, and comic relief of the group. Pegg’s wit and humor inject a lighter tone into the film, balancing the intense action sequences. His character’s growth throughout the series has made him a fan favorite.
Paula Patton as Jane Carter: Paula Patton portrayed Jane Carter, an IMF agent seeking revenge for her partner’s death. Patton’s character adds a strong, determined female presence to the team. Her performance showcases both physical prowess and emotional depth.
Michael Nyqvist as Kurt Hendricks: Michael Nyqvist played the film’s primary antagonist, Kurt Hendricks, a nuclear extremist. Nyqvist’s portrayal of the villain is chilling and calculating, making him a formidable opponent for Hunt and his team.
13 FAQs about Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
1. Who directed Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol? Brad Bird directed the movie, marking his live-action directorial debut.
2. Is Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol a standalone film? No, it is the fourth installment in the Mission Impossible franchise.
3. Were there any new characters introduced in this film? Yes, Jeremy Renner joined the cast as William Brandt, a new member of the IMF team.
4. Did Tom Cruise perform his own stunts in this movie? Yes, Tom Cruise is known for performing his own stunts, including the famous Burj Khalifa scene.
5. How was the Burj Khalifa scene filmed? The Burj Khalifa scene was filmed with the help of harnesses and safety precautions, ensuring the safety of the actors.
6. What is the main plot of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol? The main plot revolves around Ethan Hunt and his team trying to prevent a nuclear war initiated by Kurt Hendricks.
7. Is there any humor in the film? Yes, Simon Pegg’s character, Benji Dunn, provides comic relief throughout the movie.
8. Are there any notable action sequences in the film? Yes, the Burj Khalifa scene and the sandstorm chase scene are particularly memorable.
9. How was the chemistry between the cast members? The cast members displayed excellent chemistry, creating a believable and cohesive team dynamic.
10. Did the film receive positive reviews? Yes, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol received critical acclaim, with praise for its action sequences and cast performances.
11. Were there any notable cameos in the film? No, there were no notable cameos in this installment.
12. Is there a post-credit scene in the movie? No, there is no post-credit scene in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.
13. Can the film be enjoyed without watching the previous installments? Yes, although there are references to past events, the film can be enjoyed as a standalone movie.
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol cemented its place as a thrilling addition to the franchise, thanks to the exceptional cast and their performances. The chemistry between the actors, the intense action sequences, and the engaging storyline created an unforgettable cinematic experience. Whether you’re a fan of the series or a newcomer, this installment is guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat.
Laura is a seasoned wordsmith and pop culture connoisseur with a passion for all things literary and cinematic. Her insightful commentary on books, movies, and the glitzy world of film industry celebrities has captivated audiences worldwide. With a knack for blending literary analysis and movie magic, Laura's unique perspective offers a fresh take on the entertainment landscape. Whether delving into the depths of a novel or dissecting the latest blockbuster, her expertise shines through, making her a go-to source for all things book and film-related.
How to return a book on audible, who wrote the book of revelation, how to annotate a book, how to return an audible book.
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Cast & crew.
Spy franchise returns for more action-packed thrills.
- Average 7.7
- Reviews 253
© 2012 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.