Recommended quote pages.
- India Opal Buloni
- Gloria Dump
- Severus Snape
- waste of time
- The Narrator
- historical influences
- Sophie Hatter
- Michael Fisher
- growing old
- Jacob Jancowski
- Susie Salmon
- fairy tales
- Jacob Grimm
- Phoenix Jackson
- losing parents
- creepy Victorian house
- get themselves
- haunted house
- classic fantasy creatures
- Cedar B. Hartley
- loss of a loved one
- Barney Palmer
- Pippa Fitz-Amobi
- M.C. Higgins
- Great Grandmother Sarah
- every day life
- asking questions
- life after death
- visual jokes
- Ramona Quimby
- very common
- comical watercolors cartoons
- sprightly sprinkling of anatomically correct figures
- Canterville ghost
- Charlotte Makepeace
- John Conlan
- true terror
- urban fantasy
- literature and fiction
- the shadows
- to deposit her
- doctor's doorstep
- family life
- sister Villa
- local plants
- to understand
- witch-girl Chingis
- back to normal
- a little chilly
- tulips on the table
- car accident
- living with relatives
- tragic life story
- how started
- give a thought
- strange things
- family tragic
- The Little Prince
- children book
- the parents
- Little Spook
- family relationships
- new baby sister
- his old cradle
- father-son relationships
- Father Spook
- Mother Spook
- the steep steps
- to the cellar
- the Narrator (Zorba the Greek)
- power over someone
- being alive
- seeing things
- Penelope Taberner Cameron
- not the same
- to be lost along the way
- long distance relationships
- Brave Orchid
- to meet someone
- to outsmart
- little hero
- to be clever
- Help Center
- Gift a Book Club
- Beautiful Collections
- Schedule Demo
- Find a Book
- Motivate Reading
- Community Editors
Authors & Illustrators
- Get Your Book Reviewed
- Submit Original Work
quotations about ghosts
Apparitions are often confused with hauntings. The difference is that apparitions are "live" (intelligent consciousness) and hauntings are "recordings."
Tags: Loyd Auerbach
It is an ill thing to meet a man you thought dead in the woodland at dusk.
The Hour of the Dragon
Tags: Robert E. Howard
Now I know what a ghost is. Unfinished business, that's what.
The Satanic Verses
Tags: Salman Rushdie
There are an infinite number of universes existing side by side and through which our consciousnesses constantly pass. In these universes, all possibilities exist. You are alive in some, long dead in others, and never existed in still others. Many of our "ghosts" could indeed be visions of people going about their business in a parallel universe or another time -- or both.
Faces at the Window
Tags: Paul F. Eno
Behind every man now alive stand 30 ghosts, for that is the ratio by which the dead outnumber the living.
2001: A Space Odyssey
Tags: Arthur C. Clarke
Surely, she was too young to have so many ghosts.
City of Heavenly Fire
Tags: Cassandra Clare
Ghosts don't haunt us. That's not how it works. They're present among us because we won't let go of them.
M is for Malice
The ghosts you chase you never catch.
London Independent , Apr. 5, 1992
Tags: John Malkovich
The graves stood tenantless, and the sheeted dead Did squeak and gibber in the Roman streets.
Tags: William Shakespeare
One need not be a chamber to be haunted.
"One need not be a Chamber to be Haunted"
Tags: Emily Dickinson
The lawn Is pressed by unseen feet, and ghosts return Gently at twilight, gently go at dawn, The sad intangible who grieve and yearn....
To Walter de la Mare
Tags: T. S. Eliot
When I see ghosts they look perfectly real and solid -- like a living human being. They are not misty; I can’t see through them; they don’t wear sheets or bloody mummy bandages. They don’t have their heads tucked under their arms. They just look like ordinary people, in living color, and sometimes it is hard to tell who is a ghost.
interview, Invisible Ink
Tags: Chris Woodyard
The ghosts of the tribe Crouch in the nights beside the ghost of a fire, they try to Remember the sunlight, Light has died out of their skies.
Apology for Bad Dreams
Tags: Robinson Jeffers
Come home, come home, you million ghosts, The honest years shall make amends, The sun and moon shall be your hosts, The everlasting hills your friends.
Tags: Stella Benson
Now it is the time of night That the graves, all gaping wide, Every one lets forth his sprite In the church-way paths to glide.
A Midsummer Night's Dream
The ghostly realm can be just as real as our physical one; the spectres are often quite ordinary people, living their busy lives alongside our own. They are like neighbours we are aware of, catching glimpses of them from time to time, hearing the odd sound from their part of the house, finding evidence they have just gone on ahead of us, slammed the gate and dashed off on their all-absorbing errands.
The Secret Lives of Ghosts
The city man is not in sympathy with ghosts. Not so the mountaineer, peasant and sailor. Strange shapes which give signs are seen in clouds. Dim forms move over forest floors. They tread lightly along the brink of precipice and marsh, beckon the traveler into perils or give him warning. Dark and airy figures walk moors and plains or lonely shores. They go again through some happening on land; they re-enact a fateful drama of the seas. The man of the city unaccustomed to such ghost tales, laughs at them; he knows they cannot be true. Yet disbelief and ridicule by many such, have given place to firm conviction and awe, after visiting haunts where environment favors the appearance of ghosts.
"Ghosts", The Word , July-September 1913
What are these, So wither'd, and so wild in their attire; That look not like the inhabitants o' th' earth, And yet are on 't?
Ghosts are not necessarily seen. They can be sensed by "atmosphere", heard in phantom cries for help, screams, muffled conversations, laughter, footsteps, the playing of nostalgic music; they can alarm us by passing close on their galloping horses, terrify us when we wander into the thunderous cannon-roar and blast of conflict. We may catch their scent or smell--from the grossly pungent to the sweetness of summer flowers. Some departed spirits make contact in dreams; or appear to family members or close friends when on the point of death, struggling to reasure those they love in a final farewell.
I look for ghosts; but none will force Their way to me. 'Tis falsely said That there was ever intercourse Between the living and the dead.
Affliction of Margaret
Tags: William Wordsworth
Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Notable Quotes . All rights reserved. Browse by subject Browse by author
120 Best Ghost Quotes for Kids
By: Author Susanne Williams
Posted on Published: October 25, 2022
Are you looking for spooky ghost quotes? Then you are in the right place!
Here are 120 Ghost Sayings for Kids including matching books and activities.
Let’s have a look!
There are affiliate links in this post, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will be compensated if you click through and take action. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
What are ghosts, about ghosts, ghost books for kids, ghost sayings for kids, cute ghost quotes for kids, best ghost quotes, quotes about ghosts, short ghost quotes, funny ghost quotes for kids, cute ghost captions, ghost captions for kids, funny ghost puns, funny ghost sayings, ghost jokes for kids, famous quotes about ghosts, more quotes, easy ghost and halloween activities, fascinating ghost facts.
Before we get started with our ghost quotes for kids, let’s learn a little bit about them.
It is said, that a ghost is a soul or spirit of a dead person or animal!
But it has never been proven that ghosts are real!
Believing in ghosts goes back to ancient times. Ghost stories are still popular among kids at sleepovers and campouts.
Ghosts seem to appear in different forms. They might be invisible or look like a dead person.
If you believe in ghosts, cold air or strange lights can be a signal of their presence. Ghost sounds include laughter, crying, and footsteps.
They might shut doors and windows and move around objects.
A ghost who is known for throwing and breaking things is called a “poltergeist”.
The place where ghosts appear is said to be “haunted”.
These and more interesting facts about ghosts can be found here .
After we learned some cool facts about ghosts you might like to read a matching book to your children.
Here are some great book recommendations on children’s ghost books for you:
- Gus the Gassy Ghost
A Funny Rhyming Halloween Story Picture Book for Kids and Adults About a Farting Ghost, Early Reader.
- The Little Ghost Who Lost Her Boo!
The New York Times bestselling read-aloud about a little ghost who goes on a nighttime hunt to find her lost “boo!”.
- Ghost Afraid of the Dark
Ghost Afraid of the Dark-With Glow-in-the-Dark Cover-Follow a Shy Little Ghost as he Discovers how to be Brave-Now in Board Book Format.
- The Little Ghost Who Didn’t Like to Be Scary
Layla is a ghost and ghosts are supposed to be scary. They’re supposed to haunt castles and shout BOOO! But Layla would much rather play with her friends.
Are you interested in more kid’s activities, arts & crafts, and science experiments? I have made it easy for you! Join our newsletter now and I will send you new fun for kids. Subscribe for free
Time to get spooky with our kid’s Halloween Ghost Quotes .
Our list includes ghost sayings for kids, best quotes about ghosts, short, cute, and funny ghost phrases and captions, funny ghost puns, and clean ghost jokes for kids.
Let’s have a look and get inspired!
Here are some of our favorite ghost sayings for kids:
- I have no body to dance with.
- What “ghosts” around comes around.
- All these ghosts, and I still can’t find a boo.
- You are Boo-tiful!
- Excuse me but BOO!
- Too cute to spook!
- Ghost hug, you can’t feel it but it is there!
- Ghosts don’t give a sheet.
- Get your spooky on!
“Ghosting people is my superpower!” Unknown
Looking for adorable and friendly ghost quotes to enchant the little ones? We’ve conjured up a list of six cute ghost quotes that are perfect for kids, guaranteed to bring smiles and not spooks!
- “Boo! I’m not here to scare, just to say ‘Hi!’ I’m a friendly ghost, flying by your side.”
- “In the moonlight’s glow, I softly appear, your friendly ghost, always near.”
- “Giggles and wiggles, in the dark we play, with a cute little ghost, to light the way.”
- “When you feel a chill, and the night’s not bright, it’s just me, your ghostly friend, saying ‘Goodnight!'”
- “I’m a ghost, so don’t you fear, I’ll make you smile from ear to ear!”
- “When shadows dance and moonbeams gleam, your friendly ghost is in your dream.”
- “ That’s some boo sheet! “
- “You can’t scare me I m a ghost!”
- “Ghost ahead, make my day!”
- “Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.”
Your kids will love the following cute ghost quotes:
- The past is a ghost, the future is a dream, and all we ever have is now!
- The Boo Crew!
- Boo Freaking Hoo
- Ghosts and goblins come to play on October’s final day.
- If you are a ghost, I love to be scared by you all the time! Happy Halloween
- “Ghosts are hiding in the walls: Creeping out when midnight calls…” – Rusty Fischer
- Ghouls just wanna have fun.
- Forget the ghosts.. beware of me!
Ghosts have long fascinated and spooked us, inspiring writers and thinkers to craft poignant quotes that delve into the enigma of the afterlife.
Here are 10 thought-provoking quotes about ghosts from various authors, each shedding light on the mystique of the spectral world.”
- “There is no ghost so difficult to lay as the ghost of an injury.” – Alexander Smith
- “Ghosts don’t haunt us. That’s not how it works. They’re present among us because we won’t let go of them.” – Sue Grafton
- “It is not the dead rather the living who turn into ghosts.” – Bruce Jackson
- “Sometimes, even to live is an act of courage.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” – H.P. Lovecraft
- “Ghosts, like ladies, never speak till spoke to.” – Richard Harris Barham
- “Ghosts are history demanding to be remembered and it’s the living who choose to ignore it.” – Jodi Picoult
- “The ghostly presence of other humans is something we can’t help but sense, even when we don’t see them.” – Siri Hustvedt
- “When you make peace with authority, you become authority.” – Jim Morrison
- “In every man’s heart, there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty.” – Christopher Morley
Short but sweet. Let’s check out these short ghost quotes:
- “The memory fades, and I’m left hanging on to the ghosts of his words.” – Mari Lu
- “The ghosts you chase you never catch.” – John Malkovich
- “True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- “ Our feet are planted in the real world, but we dance with angels and ghosts.” – John Cameron Mitchell
- “I love having my ghosts, and I love having my memories.” – Debbie Reynolds
- “Ghosts are all around us. Look for them, and you will find them.” – Ruskin Bond
- “Now I know what a ghost is. Unfinished business, that’s what.” – Salman Rushdie
- “I like to say I believe in ghosts so I don’t get haunted by one.” – Ella Henderson
- “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” – Stephen King
Did you enjoy our ghost greetings for kids? Then go check out our popular Halloween Activities. How about our DIY Halloween Card Ideas , Halloween Party Games , or Halloween Activities next?
Spookiness and humor go hand in hand, especially when it comes to ghostly encounters for kids.
Enjoy a giggle with these 10 funny ghost quotes, that are sure to tickle your young ones’ funny bones!
- “Ghosts are just people with sheets over their heads and bad hair days.”
- “Why did the ghost go to the party? Because he heard it was going to be a ‘boo’-last!”
- “I asked a ghost to play hide and seek, but he said he couldn’t because he’s always a’scare’d.”
- “Ghosts don’t tell lies because they’re too transparent for that!”
- “What’s a ghost’s favorite ride at the amusement park? The roller-ghoster!”
- “Why did the ghost bring a ladder to the bar? Because he wanted to get to the ‘boos’!”
- “Ghost chefs are terrible at making omelets because they always use too many ‘boo’con bits!”
- “I told a ghost a joke, and it laughed so hard it fell to pieces – now it’s a ‘crack’ling ghost!”
- “Why did the ghost get in trouble at school? Because it didn’t follow the ‘spook’tacular rules!”
- “Ghosts make terrible storytellers because they always start with, ‘When I was alive…'”
Time to check out these fun captions of ghosts next:
- Me and my boo 👻.
- With the boo crew.
- Hey, boo-tiful.
- I can see right through you.
- Don’t make me ghost you.
- Hi boo. Bye boo.
- I’m here to lift your spirits.
- This night was un-boo-lievable
- Will you be my boo?
- Feelin’ boo-tiful!
“Have a fa-boo-lous Halloween!” Unknown
Capture the spirit of fun with these spooktacular ghost captions perfect for kids!
Whether for Halloween photos or playful moments, these captions will add a touch of ghostly charm to your child’s pictures.
- “Ghostest with the mostest.”
- “I’m happy you didn’t ghost me, ’cause now you’re my boo.”
- “My favorite kind of pie is boo-berry.”
- “This is boo sheet.”
- “You’ve been ghosted. “
- “Boo to you! 👻”
- “Just ghostin’ around.”
- “I’m a ‘BOO’tiful ghost!”
- “Ghostly giggles in the air.”
- “Spook-tacular moments with my friendly ghost friend
Let’s move on to some funny puns about ghosts.
- Ghosts are terrible liars because you can see right through them.
- When the ghost family got in their car the dad told the kids to fasten their sheet-belts.
- The ghost was told off when he spook out of turn.
- The best place for a ghost to go on holiday is The Dead Sea.
- Panda ghosts love to eat bam-boo.
- For dessert, the ghost made a delicious boo-meringue.
- The ghost had to turn her car around because she reached a dead end.
- When the ghost blew his nose, lots of boo-gers came out.
- To know if ghosts think you are a good singer or not, you have to listen for any boos.
- At the Italian restaurant, the ghoul ordered spook-ghetti for his main course.
“When the ghost watched a sad movie he started boo-hooing.” Unknown
What do you think about this fun ghost sayings next?
- If you see a ghost you should always say ‘how do you boo?’
- When the ghost saw his wife he said ‘you’re not just cute, you’re boo-tiful too!’
- I feel like I have seen that ghost before…I must have deja boo.
- When they want to relax, ghosts have a boo-ble bath.
- Two ghosts were at a disco. One was having a fa-boo-lous time and the other wanted to boo-gie all night long!
- When ghosts visit the seaside, they always get an i-scream.
- Ghosts always love to eat breakfast in the moaning.
- I found out yesterday that the Mexican dish ghosts like the most is a boo-rito.
- How do ghosts cry when they’re sad? Boo-hoo!
- What did the ghost teacher tell the class? Look at the board and I’ll go through it again.
You can not miss out on the following clean ghost jokes.
- Why are ghosts terrible liars? Because you can see right through them.
- What do ghosts use to wash their hair? Sham-boo!
- Why do ghosts love elevators? It lifts their spirits.
- What does a ghost eat with meatballs? Spook-etti.
- How does a ghost unlock a door? With a spoo-key.
- Where do baby ghosts spend the day when their parents are at work? Day-scare.
- What day do ghosts love to do their scaring? On Fright-day.
- How do ghosts take their eggs? Terri-fried.
- What did one ghost ask the other? Do you believe in humans?
- What’s a pirate ghost’s favorite kind of tea? Boo-tea.
What do ghosts use to keep their hair in place? Scare-spray!
- How do ghosts send letters? Through the ghost office.
- What room does a ghost not need in a house? A living room.
- What’s a ghost’s favorite type of fruit? Boo-berries!
Last but not least our famous ghost quotes for you:
- “Surely, she was too young to have so many ghosts.” – Cassandra Clare
- “Ghosts are never just ghosts; they provide us with an insight into what haunts our culture.” – Andrew Smith.
- “Ghosts are a metaphor for memory and remembrance and metaphorically connect our world to the world we cannot know about.” – Leslie What.
- “When thoroughly reliable people encounter ghosts, their stories are difficult to explain away.” – C. B. Colby.
- “On Halloween, witches come true; Wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park.” – Nicholas Gordon.
- “There is no ghost so difficult to lay as the ghost of an injury.” – Alexander Smith.
- “Following the Romanian tradition, garlic is used in excess to keep the vampires away.” – Calvin Marshall Trillin.
- “There is no instinct like that of the heart.” – Lord Byron
- “A ghost is someone who hasn’t made it – in other words, who died, and they don’t know they’re dead. So they keep walking around and thinking that you’re inhabiting their – let’s say, their domain. So they’re aggravated with you.” – Sylvia Browne
Please be aware that all ghost quotes without an author are from an unknown source.
I like to introduce you to the following Halloween and fall quotes for kids:
- Halloween Quotes for Kids
- Jack-O-Lantern Captions
- Halloween Party Invitation Sayings
- Skeleton Quotes
- Witch Phrases
- Monster Quotes
- Frankenstein Captions
- Bat Sayings
- Candy Corn Puns
- Pumpkin Sayings
- Halloween Sayings for Kids
- Fall Quotes
- Hello October Wishes
- Apple Phrases
- Leaf Quotes for Kids
- Hedgehog Quotes
- Squirrel Captions
- Welcome November
- All Saints Sayings
- All Souls Day Quotes
- Dia de Los Muertos Messages
- Gratitude Quotes
After you are done with these spooky ghost quotes and sayings, go check out these fun Halloween activities next:
- Ghost Luminaries
- Halloween Ghost Pencil Eraser
- Ghost Gift Bag for Halloween
- DIY Ghost Decoration
- Ghost Art and Crafts
- Frankenstein Crafts
- Monster Crafts
- Friendly Monster Art
- Cursive Name Monster
- Halloween Party Invitations
- Pumpkin Arts and Crafts
- Backyard Pumpkin Patch Ideas
- Pumpkin Printables
- Pumpkin Art Projects
- Candy Corn Printables
- Skeleton Crafts
- Bat Templates
- Mummy Templates
- Scarecrow Projects
- Mummy Ideas
- Free Printable Halloween Bingo
If you are a visual learner, also go check out this matching DIY ghost card video tutorial for our ghost sayings for kids.
Pin Our Quotes about Ghosts
Don’t forget to save our 120 Top Ghost Quotes for Kids on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Lil Tigers here .
Now I would like to hear from you! Which saying about ghosts did you choose? Did you find a better one? Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now. I love to hear from you!
65 Ghoulishly Good Ghost Instagram Captions and Song Lyrics
Creepin' it real on the 'gram.
Calling all ghoulfriends! You can transform eerily cute song lyrics into the sweetest caption for an Insta story of a selfie with your boo. Snapped an iconic pic of your besties while putting up decorations for your decade-themed costume party? Be the Ghostess with the mostess and use some funny puns to caption your in-feed carousel.
No matter how spooky you want things to get this Halloween, these ghost Instagram captions, song lyrics, and quotes will help immortalize your spooky season posts.
👻 Funny Ghost Captions
- During the day I don't believe in ghosts. At night I'm a little more open-minded.
- Feeling un-boo-lievable.
- I'm bad and boo-gie.
- Have you checked your horror-scope today?
- Sheet happens.
- Wait, you can see me??
- Fasten your sheet-belts, it's gonna be a boo-mpy night.
- "If you've got it, haunt it." — Rose Pressey
- I don't know what I'm booing.
- Eat, drink, and be scary.
- I’m just here for the boos.
- Hi boo. Bye boo.
- Came for the party, stayed for the boos.
- This is boo sheet.
- My favorite kind of pie is boo-berry.
- We're at a dead end.
- I can see right through you.
- You've been ghosted.
- Ghouls rule, boys drool.
- I have no body to dance with.
- All these ghosts, and I still can't find a boo.
- Demons are a ghoul's best friend.
- More boos, please.
- Shake your BOOty.
- Haunting my exes.
- Don't make me ghost you.
- Putting the ‘boo’ in booty.
- Boo-in' it for the ‘gram
👻 Cute Ghoul Captions
- The spook-key to happiness is hanging out with my boos.
- Hanging with my ghoulfriends.
- Romeo and Ghouliet.
- I'm here to lift your spirits.
- Getting in the spirit.
- Are you a ghost? Because you look like my boo.
- Ghouls just wanna have fun.
- Squad ghouls.
- Will you be my boo?
- Feelin' boo-tiful,
- Ghostest with the mostest.
- We've got spirit.
- I’m happy you didn’t ghost me, 'cause now you’re my boo.
- Me and my boo 👻.
- With the boo crew.
- Hey, boo-tiful.
- What "ghosts" around comes around.
- Have a fa-boo-lous Halloween!
👻 Song Lyric Captions
- "Time to be a ghost." Tori Amos, "Happy Phantom"
- "There's a ghost in our home." — Kate Bush, "Watching You Without Me"
- "And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view." — Mumford and Sons, "Ghosts That We Knew"
- "Sailing away at the break of dawn, they are the ghosts of Cape Horn."
- "The ghost in you, she don't fade." —The Psychedelic Furs, "The Ghost In You"
- "You will always be my boo." — Usher and Alicia Keys, "My Boo"
- "If your game is on, give me a call boo." — Ghost Town DJ's, "My Boo"
- "Don't call me boo like you're some kind of ghost." — Meghan Trainor, "Title"
- "Baby you should make me your boo." — Rihanna, "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
- "I want you to know that if I can't be close to you, I'll settle for the ghost of you." — Justin Bieber, "Ghost"
- "I ain't afraid of no ghost." — Ray Parker Jr., "GhostBusters"
- "Dancing through our house with the ghost of you." — 5 Seconds of Summer, "Ghost of You"
- "We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me." — Harry Styles, "Two Ghosts"
- “Boo’d up” — Ella Mai, "Boo’d Up"
- "'Cause my body too BOOtylicious for ya, babe." — Destiny's Child, "Bootylicious"
Abby is an editorial assistant at Seventeen, covering pop culture, beauty, life, and health. When she's not busy watching the latest true crime docuseries, you can find her strolling through Sephora, thrifting the perfect dress, or jogging with her pup.
Bri is the editorial assistant at Seventeen covering pop culture, celebrity news, fashion, and beauty. You can probably find her sipping an oatmilk iced chai while searching for the best new makeup products or thrifting her entire wardrobe.
*The* Le Creuset Cast Iron Pan Is 20% Off, ICYMI
The Best Family Group Chat Names for Your Crew
The Coolest Trips to Take From NYC
The Best Road Trips to Take With Your Besties
61 Gifts That’ll Make College 100x Better
No Follows, No Likes — Just Connection From a Book
7 Barbie Halloween Costume Ideas
90 Perfect Christmas Gifts for Dad
65 of the Best Gifts to Buy Your Bestie
140+ Perfect Christmas Instagram Captions
51 Adorable Secret Santa Gifts for the Holidays