Provider Hub News > Operational Updates > Simplify with VSP Ophthalmic Product Formulary Update
Simplify with vsp ophthalmic product formulary update, effective june 27, 2023, vsp ® is making changes to its ophthalmic product formulary to simplify, provide more choice, and reflect brand and technology differentiation..
The changes include:
- Lens enhancement code is not for use with Blue Light Filtering Anti-reflective Coatings
- Near Variable Focus High Index 1.70 & Above
- Polarized High Index 1.70 & Above
- Add Multifocal fee to existing High Index lens enhancement code (AJ)
- Polycarbonate for Kids is not impacted.
- Anti-Reflective Coatings: VSP is moving from four anti-reflective (AR) coating categories to three categories. The mid-tier AR category B will be merged into category C, creating a single mid-tier category to reduce redundancies and align technology.
VSP regularly reviews its ophthalmic product formulary to ensure it evolves to remain relevant and competitive and reflects industry standards, while allowing VSP members to maximize their benefits at a network practice, like yours.
You can find information about the specific changes in the Product Index and the Lens Enhancement Charts located in the Provider Reference Manual on VSPOnline at eyefinity.com , beginning April 14, 2023. If you have questions, please contact your VSP representative.