- Cast & crew
- User reviews
- Episode aired Oct 27, 2011
Erin is worried that she is about to get fired after she organizes a disastrous office Halloween party for Robert and his son. Meanwhile, Robert probes the minds of the employees to come up ... Read all Erin is worried that she is about to get fired after she organizes a disastrous office Halloween party for Robert and his son. Meanwhile, Robert probes the minds of the employees to come up with the perfect spooky story. Erin is worried that she is about to get fired after she organizes a disastrous office Halloween party for Robert and his son. Meanwhile, Robert probes the minds of the employees to come up with the perfect spooky story.
- Randall Einhorn
- Greg Daniels
- Carrie Kemper
- Ricky Gervais
- Rainn Wilson
- John Krasinski
- Jenna Fischer
- 5 User reviews
- 3 Critic reviews
- See more at IMDbPro
- Dwight Schrute
- Jim Halpert
- Ryan Howard
- Andy Bernard
- Robert California
- Stanley Hudson
- Kevin Malone
- Creed Bratton
- Meredith Palmer
- Kelly Kapoor
- Erin Hannon
- Angela Martin-Lipton
- Toby Flenderson
- Oscar Martinez
- (as Oscar Nunez)
- Darryl Philbin
- Phyllis Vance
- All cast & crew
- Production, box office & more at IMDbPro
Did you know
- Trivia Ryan is dressed for halloween as Aaron Paul's character Jesse Pinkman from the TV show 'Breaking Bad.' One month earlier, at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards, the cast of 'The Office' appeared in a skit where multiple celebrities and TV characters make cameos in the Dundler Mifflin office. In the skit, Ryan makes a comment to the camera that his biggest problem on the office is 'security - anyone can walk in here.' Aaron Paul then enters, in character as Jesse Pinkman, and drops off a bag of crystal meth to Creed.
- Goofs In S8E5 "Spooked", which takes place on Halloween, Pam and Jim are shown walking to the parking lot at the end of the day probably later than 5pm because of the Halloween party after work, and yet it appears to be still bright out with the beginnings of sunset. Late October would suppose darkness to be setting in around the time they are leaving, with or without daylight savings time.
Robert California : Fear plays an interesting role in our lives. How dare we let it motivate us? How dare we let it into our decision-making, into our livelihoods, into our relationships? It's funny isn't it, we take a day a year to dress up in costume and celebrate fear?
- Connections Featured in Mr. Plinkett's Ghostbusters 2016 Review (2017)
- Soundtracks Dem Bones (uncredited) Written by James Weldon Johnson Performed by Mindy Kaling , Paul Lieberstein , and Zach Woods
User reviews 5
- Feb 15, 2021
- October 27, 2011 (United States)
- Chandler Valley Center Studios - 13927 Saticoy St, Panorama City, California, USA (Studio)
- Deedle-Dee Productions
- Reveille Productions
- Universal Television
- See more company credits at IMDbPro
- Runtime 23 minutes
Contribute to this page.
- IMDb Answers: Help fill gaps in our data
- Learn more about contributing
More to explore
Full Cast & Crew: Spooked (2011)
Leslie David Baker
Oscar Martinez (as Oscar Nunez)
- View history
- 2 Deleted scenes
- 3 Cultural references
- 4 Connections to previous episodes
- 5 Amusing details
- 6 Halloween costumes
- 7 Fears in Robert California's story
- 9.1 Main cast
- 9.2 Supporting cast
- 9.3 Guest cast
Summary [ ]
Erin has been assigned to set up the Halloween party by Andy , who wants to live up to the expectations set by Robert California . Robert arrives with his son Bert and notices that the party is more tailored to kids than adults. In response, Andy asks Angela and Phyllis to help take over and re-tailor the party, much to Erin's chagrin. Andy also tells her that he wishes to speak with her at the end of the day. Worried about the party, she asks Gabe for help, and he gives her a tape to show everyone. Unaware of the fact that the video is full of disturbing images and no story, the office staff get upset when they see that there's hidden footage of them present in the video. Andy and Robert then talk with Erin in his office regarding the incident. Erin says that she got nervous when Andy wanted to have a talk with her, and she thought he was about to fire her regarding the party. However, Andy informs her that he is dating someone, and she is shocked to hear they have been out on 31 dates so far. Erin feels dejected and leaves.
Jim and Pam argue whether ghosts are real after she claims to have seen one at a pub where she used to work; their argument becomes extremely heated throughout the day. Meanwhile, Dwight had dressed up as Sarah Kerrigan from StarCraft , but Toby had taken off his wings as they had knives on them and Dwight was not allowed to bring in weapons, thus people do not know what Dwight is. Bert notices what his costume is supposed to be and the two bond over playing StarCraft all day, ignoring everyone else. Dwight also makes Bert pretend to fire Toby for taking away his weapons, on the grounds that he is the CEO's son.
Robert, having witnessed the various discussions and arguments between some employees and aware about the fears of others, tells a horror story implementing all the fears and arguments as a way to convince them not to let fear control their lives. This inspires Jim and Pam to stop their argument and Erin to talk to Andy about her feelings.
Deleted scenes [ ]
NBC released some deleted scenes online after the episode aired. They are no longer available.
- Meredith shares a story about her night of drunken sex with a ghost. "He didn't smell like a drifter."
- Robert's son and Dwight talk about zombies.
- Pam's ghost sets off a debate about ghosts.
Cultural references [ ]
- South Park is an American animated sitcom.
- Kate Middleton is the maiden name of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, whose royal wedding Meredith and Kelly followed.
- Jim, Kevin , and Darryl are dressed up as professional basketball players Chris Bosh , Dwyane Wade and LeBron James , respectively.
- Ryan thinks Dwight is dressed up as the actress Whoopi Goldberg .
- Dwight dresses up as Sarah Kerrigan , a character from the video game series StarCraft .
- Toby narrates a montage of previous costumes worn by Dwight including dressing as Freddy Krueger , Jigsaw , and Pinhead , the primary antagonists from the A Nightmare on Elm Street , Saw , and Hellraiser franchises, respectively.
- Ryan is dressed as drug dealer Jesse Pinkman from the T.V. series Breaking Bad , wearing the character's signature yellow hoodie and beanie. This is a nod to Ryan's earlier drug addiction.
- Jim teases Pam asking her to see a "documentary" called Ghostbusters .
- Gabe's "Cinema of the unsettling" film bears a striking resemblance to the cursed VHS from The Ring .
- The dancing skeletons are possibly a reference to the old Disney short "Skeleton Dance".
- Oscar 's costume is both a reference to former U.S. congressman Anthony Weiner , who was involved in a scandal earlier in 2011 and a play on the name of the Oscar Mayer Company , which is known for hot dogs.
Connections to previous episodes [ ]
- Angela is dressed in the same cat costume she wore in the Season 2 episode, " Halloween ."
Amusing details [ ]
- Ryan, a former drug addict, is dressed like a meth cook and dealer.
- Despite throwing out his bobblehead in " The Duel ," the Dwight bobblehead was used to advertise this episode while wearing a skeleton mask. The bobblehead does reappear later, suggesting that Dwight took it out of the garbage can perhaps after a change of heart soon after.
- Kelly and Toby's skeleton crew dance references the fact that they run 1-person departments, or "skeleton crews".
- Toby, Kelly and Gabe's skeleton costumes are not anatomically correct, as they have two sets of ribs and the arms are clearly detached.
Halloween costumes [ ]
- Andy - Construction Worker
- Jim - NBA player Chris Bosh
- Dwight - Kerrigan from the video game StarCraft
- Pam - Kangaroo
- Stanley - Some Chef
- Phyllis - Sexy bunny
- Creed - Osama Bin Laden
- Meredith - Kate Middleton on her wedding day
- Erin - Wendy's restaurant logo girl
- Darryl - NBA player LeBron James
- Kevin - NBA player Dwayne Wade
- Angela - A cat
- Oscar - "Oscar Liar Weiner"
- Ryan - Jessie Pinkman from Breaking Bad
- Toby - A skeleton
- Kelly - A skeleton
- Gabe - A skeleton
- Bert California - A zombie
Fears in Robert California's story [ ]
- Creed - Snakes
- Angela - Dirt/Filth
- Darryl - Being buried alive
- Kevin - Mummies
- Meredith - Jim
- Ryan - Being forgotten
- Kelly - Never marrying
- Jim and Pam - Losing each other over an argument they couldn't get past
- Dwight - Getting lost in imaginary worlds
- Andy - Never living up to expectations of him (probably his parent's expectations)
- Erin - Never speaking or acting on her feelings
Main cast [ ]
- Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute
- John Krasinski as Jim Halpert
- Jenna Fischer as Pam Halpert
- B.J. Novak as Ryan Howard
- Ed Helms as Andy Bernard
- James Spader as Robert California
Supporting cast [ ]
- Leslie David Baker as Stanley Hudson
- Brian Baumgartner as Kevin Malone
- Creed Bratton as Creed Bratton
- Kate Flannery as Meredith Palmer
- Mindy Kaling as Kelly Kapoor
- Ellie Kemper as Erin Hannon
- Angela Kinsey as Angela Martin -Lipton
- Paul Lieberstein as Toby Flenderson
- Oscar Nunez as Oscar Martinez
- Craig Robinson as Darryl Philbin
- Phyllis Smith as Phyllis Vance
- Zach Woods as Gabe Lewis
Guest cast [ ]
- David Mazouz as Bert California
- 1 Jim Halpert
- 2 Jim-Pam Relationship
- 3 Andy Bernard
The Office : Spooked
- View history
Screenshot from the episode.
"Spooked" is a Halloween-themed episode of the American mockumentary sitcom The Office . It was originally aired in the United States on October 27, 2011. It is the show's fourth Halloween episode, although it is only the third to feature Halloween for a prolonged period and as a primary setting.
An adaptation of the earlier British series of the same name, The Office is an American comedy show that aired on NBC between March 2005 and May 2013. The show, like its predecessor, depicts the everyday lives of the employees working in a dwindling industry—that of paper sales in a growing electronic market—for the fictional Dunder-Mifflin Paper Company branch in real-life Scranton, Pennsylvania. It is intended to look like a documentary, and as such is filmed with a single camera and without a studio audience or a laugh track.
It is the first Halloween after Michael Scott's retirement, and Andy Bernard, the new office regional manager, comes in, dressed as a construction worker. He goes over to the receptionist, Erin, who is dressed as Wendy (the logo for the Wendy's restaurant) and tells her, that she is in charge of planning the Halloween party they will be having later that day. Erin gets excited, because she and Andy are former lovers, and Erin believes that by Andy asking her for this, he is saying that he wants her back.
Dwight comes into work very upset. He planned on dressing up as Sarah Kerrigan, from StarCraft' , but Toby (the HR representative) made Dwight take off the wings, because they had knives on them, and now nobody can tell what his costume is.
Meanwhile, Kevin (dressed as Kevin Dorant) tells Pam (dressed as a kangaroo) about his plans to go to a haunted house after work. Pam warns Kevin about a ghost that lives in that haunted house. Suddenly, Pam's husband, Jim comes in (dressed as Chris Bosh), and denies Pam's statement. Pam swears that she actually saw the ghost, but Jim tells her it must have been her imagination.
Robert California, the CEO of their company, comes with his son Bert, and sees the Halloween party decorations that Erin put up, and criticizes them, by saying that this party looks like it is aimed at children and not adults, such as them. Andy tells Robert that he will take care of it. He then puts Angela and Phyllis in charge of redoing the party to make it more tailored for adults. Erin feels upset about this, and takes it personally. Andy also tells Erin that he wants to speak with her at the end of the day, which worries Erin, who believes that she is being fired. Erin feels she needs to do something to impress Andy. She goes over to Gabe ( dressed as a skeleton ), and asks him for help. Gabe gives her a video, and tells her to show it at the party.
Robert's son Bert, goes over to Dwight, and he recognizes Dwight's costume right away. Dwight likes Bert for this, and they talk to each other for a while.
Jim and Pam are still arguing about whether or not ghosts really exist. Jim mocks Pam, by telling her that they should watch a documentary, called Ghostbusters that night.
Andy then calls everyone into the party, which is now much scarier looking. Erin shows everyone the video, which contains disturbing images and footage of workers in the office. Robert and Andy call Erin into Andy's office to talk about it. Andy and Erin begin to fight. Andy reveals to Erin that he does not plan on firing her but when he said he wanted to talk to her, he wanted to tell her that he has another girlfriend who he has been on many dates with. This leaves Erin heartbroken.
The episode ends with Robert telling a horror story , referencing all the characters' fears and arguments as a way to convince them not to let fear control their lives. This inspires Jim and Pam to stop their argument.
Character costume list [ ]
Characters are listed in alphabetical order.
- Andy Bernard — Construction worker
- Angela Martin — Cat costume
- Burt Kazamakis — Zombie from The Walking Dead
- Creed Bratton — Osama bin Laden
- Darryl Philbin — #6 LeBron James of the Miami Heat
- Freddy Krueger (flashback)
- Pinhead (flashback)
- Billy the Puppet with chainsaw (flashback)
- Gabe Lewis — Skeleton
- Jim Halpert — #1 Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat
- Kelly Erin Hannon — Melinda Lou "Wendy" Thomas-Morse, the Wendy's restaurant mascot
- #3 Dwayne Wade from the Miami Heat
- Meredith Palmer — Kate Middleton in wedding dress
- Oscar Martinez — "Former House of Representatives Weiner" AKA Oscar Meyer or an "Oscar Liar Weiner"
- Pam Beesly — Kangaroo with joey (referred to as "Pamaroo")
- Gothic Victorian-era mistress
- Robert California — Jack Nicholson
- Ryan Howard — Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad
- Stanley Hudson — "Just some chef " (mistaken for Chef from South Park)
- Hippie (flashback)
- Priest? (flashback)
- Pirate (flashback)
External links [ ]
- The Office : "Spooked" on the Internet Movie Database.
- 1 Sam: The Spirit of Halloween
- 2 American Dad!: Best Little Horror House in Langley Falls
- 3 Adventure Time: The Creeps
The Office Season 8 Episode 5 | Spooked
2.5K Views Premium Jan 16, 2023
Recommended for You
The Office Season 8 Episode 6 | Doomsday
The Office Season 8 Episode 7 | Pam's Replacement
The Office Season 8 Episode 1 | The List
The Office Season 8 Episode 2 | The Incentive
The Office Season 8 Episode 4 | Garden Party
The Office Season 8 Episode 3 | Lotto
The Office Season 8 Episode 9 | Mrs. California
The Office Season 01 Episode 06
The Office Season 01 Episode 05
The Office Season 01 Episode 04
The Office Season 5 Episode 18 | New Boss
The Office Season 5 Episode 23 | Broke
The Office Season 3 Episode 17 | Business School
The Office Season 4 Episode 2 | Dunder Mifflin Infinity
The Office Season 9 Episode 2 | Roy's Wedding
Smaller and Smaller Circles (2017) Full Movie HD
The Office Season 3 Episode 24 - 25 | The Job
Charmed s2 e6
The Office Season 8 Episode 17 | Test the Store
Cast & Crew
© 2005-2012 NBC Studios, Inc. and Universal Network Television LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2023 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Log in or sign up for Rotten Tomatoes
Trouble logging in?
Email not verified
Let's keep in touch.
Sign up for the Rotten Tomatoes newsletter to get weekly updates on:
- Upcoming Movies and TV shows
- Trivia & Rotter Tomatoes Podcast
- Media News + More
OK, got it!
Movies / TV
No results found.
- What's the Tomatometer®?
Movies in theaters
- Opening this week
- Coming soon to theaters
- Certified fresh movies
Movies at home
- Netflix streaming
- Amazon prime
- Most popular streaming movies
- What to Watch New
Certified fresh picks
- Killers of the Flower Moon Link to Killers of the Flower Moon
- The Royal Hotel Link to The Royal Hotel
- The Burial Link to The Burial
New TV Tonight
- The American Buffalo: Season 1
- Everyone Else Burns: Season 1
- Rick and Morty: Season 7
- Neon: Season 1
- Wolf Like Me: Season 2
- Bosch: Legacy: Season 2
- Upload: Season 3
- Billy the Kid: Season 2
- Living for the Dead: Season 1
- Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix: Season 1
Most Popular TV on RT
- The Fall of the House of Usher: Season 1
- Sex Education: Season 4
- Lessons in Chemistry: Season 1
- Goosebumps: Season 1
- Loki: Season 2
- Gen V: Season 1
- Lupin: Season 3
- Our Flag Means Death: Season 2
- Dear Child: Season 1
- Frasier: Season 1
- Top TV Shows
- Certified Fresh TV
- Most popular TV
Certified fresh pick
- Lessons in Chemistry: Season 1 Link to Lessons in Chemistry: Season 1
- All-Time Lists
- Binge Guide
- Comics on TV
- Five Favorite Films
- Video Interviews
- Weekend Box Office
- Weekly Ketchup
- What to Watch
Best Horror Movies of 2023 Ranked – New Scary Movies to Watch
30 Most Popular Movies Right Now: What to Watch In Theaters and Streaming
What to Watch: In Theaters and On Streaming
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage
The Ultimate TV Fang-Off: Vote for the Best Vampire
Weekend Box Office Results: Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour Rocks a $96 Million Opening Weekend
- Trending on RT
- New TM Scores
- TAYLOR SWIFT | THE ERAS TOUR
- Killers of the Flower Moon
- The Fall of the House of Usher
Home > The Office > Season 8 > Episode 5
The Office: Season 8
Erin tries to put on a Halloween party that will please both Andy and Robert California; Jim and Pam fight about the existence of ghosts; Dwight bonds with Robert California's son.
Air Date: Oct 27, 2011
Where to watch Spooked
Watch Spooked with a subscription on Peacock, or buy it on Vudu, Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV.
Cast & Crew
Pam Beesly Halpert
Leslie David Baker
Critic reviews for spooked.
Season 8 – Episode 05 “Spooked”
Written by Carrie Kemper Directed by Randall Einhorn Original Air Date: October 27, 2011 Transcribed by Naomi B and R Henson