- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
One Piece: Episode 1 Review – Is it Worth Your Time?
If you’re a fan of anime and manga, chances are you’ve heard of One Piece. This popular series has captured the hearts of millions with its exciting adventures and lovable characters. With hundreds of episodes to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide where to start. In this article, we’ll be taking a closer look at One Piece Episode 1 and determining whether it’s worth your time.
The Story Begins
One Piece Episode 1 serves as an introduction to the world of pirates and the main protagonist, Monkey D. Luffy. The episode starts by showcasing Luffy’s determination to become the King of the Pirates and his encounter with a group of bandits who underestimate him. We are also introduced to Luffy’s unique abilities as a rubber-powered individual due to eating a Devil Fruit.
The episode sets up the overall theme and tone that will carry throughout the series – a mix of action, humor, and adventure. It establishes Luffy’s personality as a carefree yet determined character who is willing to go to great lengths to achieve his dream.
Animation and Art Style
One Piece Episode 1 features animation that may feel dated compared to more recent anime releases. However, it still retains its charm with vibrant colors and distinctive character designs by Eiichiro Oda, the creator of the One Piece manga.
The art style captures Oda’s signature whimsical approach, with exaggerated features and dynamic expressions that add depth to each character. While some viewers may find the animation quality lacking in comparison to newer episodes or adaptations, it is important to remember that this was released in 1999 when animation techniques were different.
One Piece is known for its rich cast of characters, each with their unique personalities and backstories. In Episode 1, we are introduced to Luffy, who instantly becomes a likable and relatable character. His determination, fearlessness, and sense of justice make him someone the audience can root for.
Other characters like Roronoa Zoro, Nami, and Shanks are briefly introduced in this episode, leaving viewers curious about their roles in Luffy’s journey. This introduction sets the stage for future character development and establishes the potential for deep relationships and emotional connections as the series progresses.
One Piece Episode 1 serves as a solid starting point for newcomers to the series. It successfully introduces viewers to the world of One Piece, its main protagonist, and sets up the tone for future episodes. While some may find the animation style dated, it’s important to remember that this episode was released over two decades ago.
If you’re a fan of adventure-filled stories with memorable characters and a mix of action and humor, One Piece Episode 1 is definitely worth your time. It lays the foundation for an epic journey that spans hundreds of episodes and continues to captivate audiences worldwide.
In conclusion, One Piece Episode 1 is an enjoyable introduction to the beloved anime series. Whether you’re new to One Piece or looking to relive its beginnings, this episode provides a solid starting point for an exciting adventure that will keep you hooked from beginning to end.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
- Cast & crew
- Episode aired Oct 1, 2016
A return to Virginia City, Nev., to investigate two properties once owned by the legendary mining tycoon John Mackay. An intense lockdown for the crew is highlighted by Jay being pushed down... Read all A return to Virginia City, Nev., to investigate two properties once owned by the legendary mining tycoon John Mackay. An intense lockdown for the crew is highlighted by Jay being pushed down a flight of stairs and more. A return to Virginia City, Nev., to investigate two properties once owned by the legendary mining tycoon John Mackay. An intense lockdown for the crew is highlighted by Jay being pushed down a flight of stairs and more.
- Aaron Goodwin
- Billy Tolley
- See more at IMDbPro
- All cast & crew
- Production, box office & more at IMDbPro
Did you know
- Trivia 4th investigation episode in Virginia City if you count their documentary.
- October 1, 2016 (United States)
- Virginia City, Nevada, USA
- MY Entertainment
- See more company credits at IMDbPro
- Runtime 42 minutes
Contribute to this page.
- IMDb Answers: Help fill gaps in our data
- Learn more about contributing
More to explore
- Mobile Apps
- Stream on discovery+
- Program Guide
- Ghost Hunters
- Ghost Brothers
- Conjuring Kesha
The Dead Files
- Destination Fear
- Eli Roth Presents: A Ghost Ruined My Life
- Expedition Bigfoot
- Ghost Nation
- The Holzer Files
- Kindred Spirits
- Mountain Monsters
- Paranormal Caught on Camera
- Portals to Hell
- Amy Bruni and Adam Berry
- Destination Fear Team
- Don Wildman
- Ghost Adventures Crew
- The Holzer Files Team
- Jack Osbourne and Katrina Weidman
- Steve Dischiavi
- Watch Live TV
- Tips for Solo Travelers
- 4 Gorgeous Waterfalls
- 5 Extreme Swings
- World's 10 Best Swimming Holes
- Best BBQ in America
- Tilt! at 360 Chicago
- Big City, Little Budget: New York
- Big City, Little Budget: San Francisco
- Bizarre Foods in the Kitchen
- One Bag and You're Out
From Our Shows
- Bizarre Foods
- Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
- Booze Traveler
- Expedition Unknown
- Hotel Impossible
- Mysteries at the Museum
- New Orleans
- New York City
- Washington, DC
- Myrtle Beach
- Niagara Falls
- San Antonio
Explore By Region
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- South & Central America
- Amusement Parks
- Arts and Culture
- Food and Wine
- National Parks
- Health and Wellness
- Long Weekends
- Outdoor Adventure
- Family Travel
- Girls' Getaways
- LGBT Travel
- Solo Travel
- Budget Tips
- Gear and Gadgets
- Hotels and Lodging
- Plan Your Bucket List
- Savvy Traveler
Crew Hears Ghostly Footsteps 02:27
Ghost Haunts Miner's Cabin 03:08
Ghost Talks to Zak in Hospital 02:44
Return to Virginia City 11 Photos
Aaron's Vlog: Virginia City 02:05
Ghost of Prostitute Greets Zak 03:20
6-Year-Old-Boy Sees Ghosts 02:47
What's new from trvl.
Jack Osbourne's Most Shocking Adventures 9 Photos
The Spirits in the Conjuring House Were Quick to Show Themselves Apr 7, 2023
Haunted History: A Shuttered Pennsylvania Nursing Home Is Home to Dozens of Trapped Souls Mar 30, 2023
Cult Leader Charles Manson Controlled People from Behind Bars Mar 24, 2023
7 Best Pieces of Evidence Recovered By the Expedition Bigfoot Team Mar 14, 2023
6 Things Witnesses Said About the Roswell Incident Mar 10, 2023
Creepy Urban Legends From Each State Nov 16, 2022
Unraveling The Mysterious Death of Marilyn Monroe Feb 24, 2023
Top 5 States For UFO Sightings Feb 8, 2023
Creepy urban legends from each state 50 photos.
A Massachusetts Family Fled Their Home After Chilling Door-Camera Footage Nov 22, 2022
6 Museums That Are Home To Creepy And Mysterious Artifacts Oct 31, 2022
Settle In For A Boo Binge With The New Season Of 'Ghost Brothers: Lights Out' Oct 11, 2022
Ghost Brothers: Lights Out Returns for Season 2 on discovery+! Sep 22, 2022
Fact Or Fiction? Modern Vampire Lore May Be A Planned Misinformation Campaign Aug 22, 2022
Lindbergh Baby Kidnapping: Was The Famous Pilot Responsible For His Missing Son? Aug 22, 2022
Top 6 States With The Most Alien Encounters Aug 22, 2022
5 Unforgettable Spirits From Ghost Adventures Season 25 Sep 14, 2022
5 Craziest Moments From Fright Club Season 2 Sep 1, 2022
Four Terrifying Moments From 'Ghosts Of Devil's Perch' Aug 31, 2022
Shock Docs: The Visitors Reveals the Horrors of Alien Abduction from Best-Selling Author Whitley Strieber in Terrifying New Doc Sep 3, 2022
7 Of Russell Acord’s Most Heart-Pounding Moments On 'Expedition Bigfoot' Aug 12, 2022
Jack Osbourne Teams up with Jason Mewes and Jamie Kennedy in the New discovery+ Special, Jack Osbourne's Night of Terror: UFOs Aug 2, 2022
Who Are The Odd Fellows? Jul 29, 2022
Boy Records Selfie With Grandma’s Ghost Jul 27, 2022
The Haunted History of San Francisco’s Westerfeld House Jul 19, 2022
An Elite Team of Paranormal Investigators Race to Help a Petrified Western Town in the New Series Ghosts of Devil's Perch Jul 19, 2022
13 Terrifying Pieces of Evidence from Ghost Hunters: TAPS Returns Jul 14, 2022
National Dive Bar Day: Is There a Portal To Hell In Memphis? Jul 7, 2022
7 Scary Homes From 'Ghost Adventures: House Calls' Season 1 Jun 30, 2022
Your favorite shows, personalities and exclusive originals. All in one place.
Follow Us Everywhere
Join the party! Don't miss Travel Channel in your favorite social media feeds.
More From Travel
- Travel's Best
- Stream Travel Channel
- Ways to Watch Travel Channel
- Privacy Notice
- Visitor Agreement
- Online Closed Captioning
- California Privacy Notice
- Discovery, Inc.
- Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information
- Food Network
- Travel Channel
- Cooking Channel
- © 2023 Warner Bros. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. All rights reserved.
Log in or sign up for Rotten Tomatoes
Trouble logging in?
Email not verified
Let's keep in touch.
Sign up for the Rotten Tomatoes newsletter to get weekly updates on:
- Upcoming Movies and TV shows
- Trivia & Rotter Tomatoes Podcast
- Media News + More
OK, got it!
Movies / TV
No results found.
- What's the Tomatometer®?
Movies in theaters
- Opening this week
- Coming soon to theaters
- Certified fresh movies
Movies at home
- Netflix streaming
- Amazon prime
- Most popular streaming movies
- What to Watch New
Certified fresh picks
- Killers of the Flower Moon Link to Killers of the Flower Moon
- The Royal Hotel Link to The Royal Hotel
- The Burial Link to The Burial
New TV Tonight
- The American Buffalo: Season 1
- Scavengers Reign: Season 1
- Wolf Like Me: Season 2
- Upload: Season 3
- Everyone Else Burns: Season 1
- Rick and Morty: Season 7
- Neon: Season 1
- Bosch: Legacy: Season 2
- Billy the Kid: Season 2
- Living for the Dead: Season 1
- Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix: Season 1
Most Popular TV on RT
- The Fall of the House of Usher: Season 1
- Sex Education: Season 4
- Lessons in Chemistry: Season 1
- Goosebumps: Season 1
- Gen V: Season 1
- Loki: Season 2
- Lupin: Season 3
- Dear Child: Season 1
- The Haunting of Hill House: Season 1
- Top TV Shows
- Certified Fresh TV
- Most popular TV
Certified fresh pick
- Lessons in Chemistry: Season 1 Link to Lessons in Chemistry: Season 1
- All-Time Lists
- Binge Guide
- Comics on TV
- Five Favorite Films
- Video Interviews
- Weekend Box Office
- Weekly Ketchup
- What to Watch
100 Best Anime Movies of All Time
Best New Movies of 2023 Ranked
What to Watch: In Theaters and On Streaming
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage
What to Watch This Week: Killers of the Flower Moon and More
New Tomatometer Scores: Latest Ratings on Movies and Shows
- Trending on RT
- Shop Rotten Tomatoes
- TAYLOR SWIFT | THE ERAS TOUR
- Killers of the Flower Moon
- The Fall of the House of Usher
Home > Ghost Adventures > Season 4 > Episode 5
Washoe Club; Chollar Mine
Ghost Adventures: Season 4
The crew returns to Virginia City, Nev., an old mining town that was the scene of their first paranormal investigation; seeking the ghosts of the Washoe Club.
Air Date: Dec 4, 2009
Where to watch Washoe Club; Chollar Mine
Buy Washoe Club; Chollar Mine on Amazon Prime Video.
Cast & Crew
Washoe Club; Chollar Mine Photos
Critic reviews for washoe club; chollar mine.
Return To Virginia City
Copyright © 2023 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Season 16 episodes (12).
About this show
Ratings and reviews.
- Flag inappropriate
- Ghost Adventures Season 5
- Intense Lockdowns
- Ghost Adventures Volume 6
Return to Virginia City (episode)
- View history
Return to Virginia City is the seventh episode of Season 5 of Ghost Adventures . Zak , Nick & Aaron reexamine former mining town Virginia City , the site of their 2004 documentary that started their Ghost Adventures . The guys explore a former hospital, where a former patient burned himself and a nurse to death.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 4 Locations
- 5 References
Walkthrough [ ]
Lockdown [ ], evidence [ ].
- St. Mary Art's Center
- Silver Queen Hotel
- Yellow Jacket Mine
- Apparition: Back in their original documentary, Nick captures a mist that appeared in front of the door.
- Residual Noises: When the apparition formed, three distinct knocking sounds can be heard.
- EVP: Back in their original documentary, the GAC captured an intelligent voice believed to say, "is it the DEVIL?".
- Virginia City Cemetery:
- EMF Fluctuation: Zak sees a mist that caused his EMF Detector to spike to a 0.6.
- Physical Contact: Nick begins getting chills while on the fourth floor.
- EMF Fluctuation: Nick's EMF Detector spikes in the room he's in.
- Apparition: The camera captures a light that bends around a chair. The apparition is credible because it goes through the chair.
- Apparition: Billy spots an orb fly from the door to the bathroom.
- EMF Fluctuation: When the orb appeared, the EMF went to a 0.5 and slowly went down.
- EMF Fluctuation: Zak receives spikes from the same orb, but also notes that it goes down as he moves away from the flowers that he left.
- Physical Contact: Zak receives chills as he gets spikes on the EMF Detector.
- Apparition: Billy spots another orb that moves from the table to the bed where the flowers were set.
- EMF Fluctuation: As Zak moves the flowers around, the EMF decreases as its away from the flowers.
- Spirit Box Voices: "Lynette", "Virginia", "eleven", "water!"
- Residual Noises: Bootsteps
Locations [ ]
- St. Mary's Art Center
- Yellow Jacket Miner's Cabin
- Old Washoe Club (not investigated)
References [ ]
- La Purisima Mission (episode)
- Ghost Adventures: The Beginning
- 1 SLS camera
- 2 Aaron Goodwin
- 3 Zak Bagans