- Fourth Wall Breakers
- Super Centenarian
- Political Leaders
- Yusuke's Allies
- Edit source
- View history
King Enma Jr. (閻魔ジュニア), usually addressed as Koenma (閻魔 [コエンマ]) is current ruler of the Spirit World and son of his father and co-ruler, Great King Enma .
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3.1 Spirit Detective Saga
- 3.2 Dark Tournament Saga
- 3.3 Chapter Black Saga
- 3.4 Three Kings Saga
- 3.5 Epilogue / All or Nothing
- 5 Powers and abilities
- 6 Known Techniques
- 7 Character Relationships
- 9 References
- 10 Navigation
Appearance [ ]
Koenma normally appears as a toddler with a red obi sash tied at the waist of a pink-trimmed blue robe over brown pants and black shoes. In his first appearance in the manga, Koenma was seen wearing a bib on his robe, though this was never seen again in the later chapters, nor in the anime.
However, when venturing into the Human and Demon Worlds , he transforms into a handsome young man with medium length brown hair, parted down the middle (though he occasionally appears in his true toddler form as well).
In both forms, though, he retains a similar outfit, as well as the "Jr." mark on his forehead and a blue pacifier kept in his mouth. He appears remarkably young for his age (exactly 670 years old in the manga, 666 in the beginning of the series), being that he has existed for several centuries prior to commissioning Yusuke .
In the Three Kings Saga , Koenma wears casual clothing as opposed to his primary outfit due to disobeying his father, he wears an outfit similar to Shizuru 's as the orange long sleeve shirt is replaced with a button shirt and the "Jr." mark on his forehead was covered in a purple headband.
Later, he wears a costume similar to Tuxedo Mask 's and his headband is red.
Personality [ ]
Being a prince, Koenma has many subordinates, especially Jorge Saotome . He is (mostly in his toddler form) normally childish and abusive, with a rather bossy attitude and also a loud prince, commanding those around him to accomplish his tasks, whether they work for him or not. He gets along with Botan , however he has a sort of sibling rivalry with Yusuke.
In the original Japanese version, he addresses himself as " washi ", a term that elderly Japanese men and women use when talking about themselves. This may either refer to his actual age versus his apparent age, or a desire to be taken seriously by talking in such a manner.
Synopsis [ ]
Spirit detective saga [ ].
Yusuke dies, only to be resurrected by Koenma to become a Spirit Detective . Koenma gives Botan several items to communicate with each other, but Yusuke refuses to use them. When the Saint Beasts attack the Human World, he blindly sends Yusuke in to defeat them, without any knowledge of who they are. He also sent the tape with Hiei to give to Yusuke that described their mission to the stronghold that held Yukina . Hiei found out after giving the tape to Yusuke, so Koenma sent Kurama after them in search of Hiei.
Dark Tournament Saga [ ]
Koenma and Jorge at the Dark Tournament, watching the fights.
During the Dark Tournament , it is revealed that Koenma is the manager and sponsor for Team Urameshi . He also first reveals his older, teen form to look less inconspicuous to all the demons present at the tournament. For most of the arc, he is shown in his viewing box commentating on the matches, usually arguing with Jorge about something pertaining to the match at hand. In the final round against Team Toguro , he arrives at the last second before they were to be disqualified to replace Genkai after her death, as the fifth member of Team Urameshi (five members were needed to participate in the final round). As the matches were determined, Koenma was to go up against Team Toguro's manager, Sakyo , in the fifth and final match. However, Sakyo believed that if they were to fight, it would fail to live up to the previous match; Younger Toguro vs Yusuke, and thus decided to bet his life (and outcome of his match) on Toguro's victory, provided Koenma accepted the same condition. Koenma decided to accept, believing himself no other choice as he strongly believed he would not stand a chance against Sakyo in combat, as he told Yusuke. Following Yusuke's victory and Younger Toguro's death, Koenma confronted Sakyo about their bet, convinced without his money, Sakyo was no harm to him or Spirit World, Koenma told him to call off the bet. However. Sakyo chose to go through with it anyway, setting off explosives all over the arena to go off within fifteen minutes, before walking away. Koenma went to confront Sakyo, questioning him about his plans, which revealed he had intended to open a portal to Demon World, for no reason other than to simply make things more exciting. Sakyo assures Koenma that he has a very large ego and his plans will end with him. As Shizuru stumbles upon them, Koenma watches as pieces of the stadium collapse and kill Sakyo, before ushering Shizuru out of there. As Koenma and the others flee the exploding stadium, Jorge emerges from the rubble and joins his boss as they all safely manage to escape the danger.
Chapter Black Saga [ ]
After Shinobu Sensui begins to open a portal into Demon World, Koenma explains the former Spirit Detective's past. He also wonders if Yusuke will be able to defeat him. Koenma was riddled with guilt, believing he should be blamed for all of Sensui's actions. Due to this, he used the power of his pacifier to revive the young "Game Master" Tsukihito Amanuma when he was killed by Kurama. He attempts to use his pacifier to seal Sensui for all eternity with the energy given out by his pacifier, called Mafuuken, but Yusuke forbade him from doing so. He was later able to activate the Mafuken when Sensui snatched the pacifier from Yusuke, but Sensui broke the Barrier by using his Sacred Energy and reaching S Class . When Great King Enma sent down the Special Defense Force (SDF) to take Yusuke's body after he was killed by Sensui, Koenma went against his father and defended Yusuke's body, much to the dismay of Great King Enma. When Yusuke is resurrected for the second time, he goes with Yusuke on Pu 's back to Demon World and tells the leader of the SDF that he does not want to leave.
Three Kings Saga [ ]
Koenma (as civilian) warning Yusuke.
By protecting Yusuke and allowing his transformation, Koenma was directly disobeying the orders of his father. Unable to return to the Spirit World, Koenma hid himself in the Human World. He warned Yusuke of Enma's machinations, and advised him to remain vigilant at all times. Upon hearing of Yusuke's inner turmoil caused by his empty defeat of Sensui and a general lack of worthy opponents in Human World, Koenma suggested that Yusuke speak with Genkai. He finds alarm in her choice in sending him to Kuroko Sato , a former Spirit Detective, due to her lingering connection to Spirit World.
Koenma visits Genkai where Kurama's allies are training.
When news reaches the Spirit World of Raizen 's failing health and the shifting balance of powers, Great King Enma reinstated Koenma. In his teen form and back in his official robes, he visits Genkai's property where Shishiwakamaru , Chu , Rinku , Jin , Touya and Suzuki were being secretly trained at the request of Kurama. Koenma expressed that while he trusted Kurama and his intentions, the consequences of the upcoming war were too great for Kurama's personal feelings to guide his actions.
Koenma as "Tuxedo Mask" appears in front of Yusuke.
In the anime, Koenma and Botan observed the matches of the Demon World Tournament . Though admitting the outcome of the tournament was a favorable one, Koenma berated Yusuke for taking too many chances with the fate of all three worlds. He promptly fired Yusuke from his position as Spirit Detective, who stated that he would have quit anyways. Koenma and Yusuke then parted as friends. It is noted that Koenma's disguise at the Demon World Tournament strongly resembles Tuxedo Mask, from Sailor Moon , a character created by Naoko Takeuchi, the wife of YuYu Hakusho's creator, Yoshihiro Togashi .
Later on, Botan asked Koenma what to do with all of the "footage". Koenma told her to package it, revealing that the entire anime was a series of clips from the files of Spirit World, and the narrator was the ogre, Jorge.
Epilogue / All or Nothing [ ]
In the manga, Koenma deposed his father and the entire ruling party of Spirit World. He investigated countless records and discovered that his father had falsified accounts of demon cruelty towards humans. While demon attacks on humans did occur, much of the violence was done at the behest of humans themselves. Humans would use demons as assassins and murderers, blaming any tragedies fully on the inherent malice of demons.
Great King Enma used this extreme exaggeration in order to justify placing the Human World completely within the jurisdiction of the Spirit World, and blocking off the Human World from the Demon World. He would often capture low-class demons and brainwash them into committing acts of evil in Human World, in order to prove that allowing demons into the Human World would cause rampant destruction.
As a result of the deposition, Koenma became somewhat depressed. To cheer him up, Botan brought Koenma to a party, with both spirits and demons (including Enki ) in attendance.
Koenma as hostage in All or Nothing .
Koenma is later taken hostage along with Botan and a hundred other spirits when a radical Spirit World religious sect, in an attempt to "purify" the Human World, took over the Gates of Judgment. Unless all demons were removed from the Human World, the sect threatened to not only kill all of the hostages, but also to fire an Interdimensional Laser at the Human World. Yusuke, Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwabara managed to infiltrate the Gates of Judgement and subdue the terrorists. One terrorist explained to Yusuke that in order to stop the Laser from firing, he would need to press a specific switch on the control terminal.
Nevertheless, in addition to the correct switch, there were two false switches in place. One false switch would detonate the weapon and kill anyone still inside the Gates of Judgment and the other would automatically fire the Laser at the Human World. Yusuke ordered everyone to evacuate the Gates while he would decide which switch to press. Still, Koenma, Hiei, and Pu remained with him while he deliberated.
Luckily, Yusuke picked the right button and in the final chapter, Koenma was shown stamping papers with his seal. In the anime, he appears in his teen form in a short dialogue with Genkai. Then, he is next beside Jorge Saotome and he is vigorously stamping papers with his seal.
- It has the ability to help Koenma bring the dead back to life.
- It also immobilizes humans on contact, helping him restrain his "prey".
Powers and abilities [ ]
- Energy Concealment : While Koenma is not a martial artist himself, he has the ability to control and reduce the latent energy of a user, which can be attained after intense training, seclusion and if the user is an adept martial artist.
- Metamorphosis: He has the ability to metamorphose his body from a toddler to a young man. He frequently utilizes this technique when he appears in the Human World as a way to feel better about himself and to possibly prevent the ridicule/disrespect he typically gets while in his toddler form.
Known Techniques [ ]
A barrier created by the Ma Fu Kan
- There is a pun here, in that " Kan ", when written as 看 ( kan ) as part of 看守 [ かんしゅ ] ( kanshu ), means "jailer". If Koenma had been able to successfully use this technique against Sensui, he would have been Sensui's eternal jailer.
- Specializing in demons, the Mafuukan can even trap S Class demons, like Yomi and Mukuro , with ease. However, Sensui managed to overpower and dispel it. This was largely because Koenma used a significant amount of his pacifier's Spirit Energy to revive Amanuma, an action which Sensui had foreseen. Additionally, because the spell specializes in trapping demons specifically, it was not designed to contain Sensui's Sacred Energy. Though it could still potentially trap Sacred Energy users, as it took Sensui a great deal of effort to overcome it, it is not nearly as effective as it would be against an opponent utilizing demon energy.
Koenma manifesting his shield
- Reiki Shield : Koenma has demonstrated the ability to manifest defensive shields using his spirit energy. These shields are capable of protecting multiple people at once and withstanding the corrosive aura of at least an Upper B Class apparition. This ability is seen in Episode 61 : Yusuke vs. Toguro; Koenma uses it to protect Kuwabara, Kurama, and Hiei from Younger Toguro's demon energy , which had been permeating the entire Dark Tournament arena and killing the weaker demons in the audience. Koenma said "I can at least put up a barrier", having confirmed he has no combat prowess beforehand.
Character Relationships [ ]
- Great King Enma - Father
- Kuroko Sato - Detective subordinate (former)
- Sensui - Detective subordinate (former)/Enemy
- Yusuke Urameshi - Spirit Detective subordinate/ally
- Jorge Saotome - Ogre subordinate
- Botan - Spirit subordinate
- Sayaka - Spirit subordinate
- Ayame - Spirit subordinate
- Hinageshi - Subordinate
- Ootake - SDF Elite captain (former)/Enemy
- Shunjun - SDF Elite captain
- Special Defense Force - Elite fighters
- Hiei - Collaborator/Ally
- Kurama - Collaborator/Ally
- Genkai - Collaborator/Ally
- Keiko Yukimura - Ally
- Kuwabara - Ally
- Yukina - Ally
- Shizuru - Ally
- Pu - Subordinate's spirit beast/Ally
- Mitarai - Ally
- Shigeru Murota - Ally
- Kido - Ally
- Kaito - Ally
- Yanagisawa - Ally
- Enki - Demon World Ally
- Despite his outward appearance, and childish mannerisms, Koenma is actually over 600 years old.
- His birthday is October 20th. His star sign is Libra, which symbolizes him being a balanced Spirit World leader.
- His usually spoken name is "Koenma". This is a reference to him being King Emma's son, or "little Enma", with the Japanese word for "little" being 'ko', Ko-Enma.
- Koenma's punishment when he does something wrong is 100 Spankings.
- They are both short-sized (Koenma in toddler form) and serve as comic relief to the main character on more than one occasion.
- They are not so muscular or don't have that much strength but compensate this with their keen observation and battle tactics.
- They are both loyal to the main character despite having all odds against them.
- They both admit to have lost to the main characters in terms of discussing when they are single-minded and just want to defeat their opponents or the "bad guys" to teach them a lesson.
- Koenma's Mafuukan failed to seal Sensui, similar to how the Mafuba (Evil Containment Wave) technique used against Piccolo King Piccolo and Zamasu from Dragon Ball failed.
References [ ]
Navigation [ ].
- 1 Yusuke Urameshi
Shop through our app to enjoy:
- Exclusive Vouchers
- Better deals
- Personalised recommendations
- Find out first
- Help Center
- Orders & Payment
- Shipping & Delivery
- Returns & Refunds
For any other inquiries, Click here
- Manage My Account
- My Wishlist & Followed Stores
- My Returns & Cancellations
- Electronic Devices
- Electronic Accessories
- TV & Home Appliances
- Health & Beauty
- Babies & Toys
- Groceries & Pets
- Home & Living
- Women's Fashion & Accessories
- Men's Fashion & Accessories
- Kid's Fashion & Accessories
- Sports & Lifestyle
- Automotive & Motorcycles
- Girls' Sports Clothing
- Girls' Sports Shoes
- Boys' Sports Clothing
- Boys' Sports Shoes
Authentic Koenma (Jericho) Yu Yu Hakusho (Ghost Fighter) 30th Anniversary
- International Product Policy
- How to Return
- All Categories
- About Lazada
- Afﬁliate Program
- LAffiliate Academy
- Terms & Conditions
- Press & Media
- Intellectual Property Protection
Lazada Southeast Asia
Yuyu Hakusho Ghost Fighter Yusuke Urameshi Eugene Dennis Alfred Vincent Jericho Set of 6 Figure
Product image section.
Product Information Section
Shop Information Section
Yuyu Hakusho Ghost Fighter Yusuke Urameshi Eugene Dennis Alfred Vincent Jericho Set of 6 Figure Material: PVC Size: 9-11cm kindly compare with the marker The height of the marker is 13cm High quality No box