- Melee heroes
- View history
- 2 Abilities
- 4 Recent Changes
- 5 Recommended Items
- 6 Dota Plus Progress
- 7 Equipment
Abilities [ ]
- The Stifling Dagger travels at a speed of 1200.
- Cleave effects are based on the target's position, damaging a trapezoid area in the opposite direction where the dagger came from.
- The total attack damage includes all already existing attack damage changes, including conditional bonus sources (e.g. Bash and Quell ).
- Applies the bonus attack damage only to the Stifling Dagger projectile.
- Therefore, attack damage based attack modifiers (e.g. critical strike , lifesteal , cleave ) include the 25%/40%/55%/70% instant attack damage bonus as well.
- Since the damage comes from a regular attack, it counts as attack damage and not as spell damage.
- It is affected by damage block , but unaffected by spell damage amplification and cannot spell lifesteal.
- The projectile first applies the attack, then its own debuff.
- The projectile has 450 range flying vision that lingers for 3.34 seconds at the target's location upon successfully hitting it.
- The search range is based on the cast range and the buffer range, resulting in a search range of 850 / 1050 / 1250 / 1450 .
- The search range is centered around the primary target, not around Phantom Assassin, so when no other targets are nearby, nothing happens.
- The secondary targets are chosen randomly within the area. There are no priorities. The projectiles cannot choose both the same target.
- Since the additional projectiles use the ability's cast range, cast range-increasing effects increase their range as well.
- Phantom Strike can be cast on allied units, without gaining the Phantom Strike Buff .
- Does not disjoint projectiles upon teleporting.
- Stacks additively with other lifesteal sources.
- Invulnerable and hidden units.
- Interrupts Phantom Assassin's channeling abilities upon cast.
- Does not grant phased movement.
- Despite being revealed or exposed, Phantom Assassin is still not visible on the minimap .
- Attacking or casting abilities do not break the invisibility.
- This includes when the enemy hero is invulnerable and hidden .
- Treat illusions and creep-heroes as creeps.
- The effect is not dispelled instantly, but 0.5 seconds after getting within range.
- Getting out of range during that delay does not prevent it from dispelling. The delay does not serve as a grace period.
- Evasion uses pseudo-random distribution .
- Stacks diminishingly with other evasion sources.
- Blur now first applies the invisibility, then the basic dispel on Phantom Assassin upon cast.
- Killing the hero with Reincarnation .
- Killing an ally hero.
- Neither reset ultimate abilities nor item abilities.
- The cooldown resetting is bound to Blur as well. If not learned, kills do not reset her cooldowns.
- Stacks multiplicatively with other sources of percentage-based cooldown reduction sources, and is calculated after all flat cooldown reduction values.
- Applies Break on hit enemies.
- The released daggers only have a visual purpose, the pulse affects all enemies it catches, regardless of the number of visible daggers.
- The area of effect is centered around the cast location, it does not move along with the caster.
- This means it is not possible to avoid the effect by blinking over the daggers/pulse toward the caster.
- Fan of Knives first applies the debuff, then the damage.
- When a buff procs, Phantom Assassin uses a specific attack animation, and particle effects appear on her weapon.
- Neither procs nor critical strikes against allied units, buildings or wards .
- The attack that consumed the buff may also proc another buff instance, making consecutive critical strikes possible.
- Missed attacks do not consume the buff.
- Attacking against allied units, buildings and wards will consume the buff.
- Attacking against items and runes will not comsume the buff.
- If another source of critical strike procs on the same attack as Coup de Grace, the crit with the higher multiplier takes priority.
- Coup de Grace uses pseudo-random distribution .
Talents [ ]
Recent changes [ ].
- No longer increases vanish dispel delay by 0.25.
- No longer reduces cooldown to 10.
- Now reduces cooldown by 50%.
- CHANGED proc chance on each attack from applying critical strike to granting a buff.
- The buff grants the next attack an ensured 200%/325%/450% critical strike . [ ? ]
- Has a 6-second buff duration.
- Increased proc chance from 15% to 20%.
Recommended Items [ ]
Dota Plus Progress [ ]
Relics track a hero's actions and statistics, and display in-game notifications when a milestone is reached. They are only available to Dota Plus subscribers.
Equipment [ ]
- Mortred's name is derived from Mordred, a character in the Arthurian legend who betrayed and fought King Arthur at the Battle of Camalann.
- Link ▶️ "I'm an immaterial girl!" is probably a reference to the song Material Girl performed by Madonna .
- Mortred's idle animation is a typical fencing stance, with perpendicular feet, one arm extended forth and the other one folded and up in the air. However, her weapon is wielded not with the extended arm, but with the arm at rest. There are treatises, at least for the Italian school of fencing, which do show an extended arm but this is exclusively used when wielding a rapier or other single-handed thrusting swords.
- Mortred is featured in the Dota 2 comic, The Contract .
- In DotA, Phantom Assassin also uses the Warden's hero model.
Gallery [ ]
Early concept artwork
Early alpha model based on the early concept art
Leaked concept artwork
Early textures of the current model, featuring different color scheme
Ability icon progress
Hero icon progress
Phantom Assassin illustration
- 3 Neutral Items
- Share Twitter Facebook Reddit Tencent QQ VK Weibo WhatsApp Other
- 1 Mortred, the Phantom Assassin
- 2.1 Aghanim's Shard
- 3 Talent Tree
- 4 Recent Changes
- 5 Notable Players
- 6 Additional Content
- 7 References
Mortred, the Phantom Assassin [ edit ]
Through a process of divination, children are selected for upbringing by the Sisters of the Veil, an order that considers assassination a sacred part of the natural order. The Veiled Sisters identify targets through meditation and oracular utterances. They accept no contracts, and never seem to pursue targets for political or mercenary reasons. Their killings bear no relation to any recognizable agenda, and can seem to be completely random: A figure of great power is no more likely to be eliminated than a peasant or a well digger. Whatever pattern the killings may contain, it is known only to them. They treat their victims as sacrifices, and death at their hand is considered an honor. Raised with no identity except that of their order, any Phantom Assassin can take the place of any other; their number is not known. Perhaps there are many, perhaps there are few. Nothing is known of what lies under the Phantom Veil. Except that this one, from time to time, when none are near enough to hear, is known to stir her veils with the forbidden whisper of her own name: Mortred.
The moment she finds her prey, Phantom Assassin strikes. Instantly closing in on a target, she effortlessly dodges attacks as she relentlessly cuts away at her foe. Without warning, any one of her attacks could prove suddenly and brutally fatal.
Abilities [ edit ]
- The dagger travels at 1200 speed and has 450 flying vision . The vision lasts for 3.34 seconds on impact.
- Throws 2 extra daggers if there are enough targets within search range.
- Secondary targets are chosen randomly.
- Blur only triggers on real heroes, not illusions.
- Blur also triggers on invisible and spell immune enemies entering the radius.
Aghanim's Shard [ edit ]
Talent Tree [ edit ]
Recent changes [ edit ].
- Click here to view the version history.
Notable Players [ edit ]
Additional content [ edit ].
- Official Hero Page
- Standard Phantom Assassin (Core) Build by Torte de Lini